Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ccbatson Guest

You, the human, are setting yourself up for a let down by becoming concerned for the fate of wild animals beyond observing them.

Either you will try to domesticate them and run into trouble, or you will witness the law of nature as many of these bunnies don't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    You, the human, are setting yourself up for a let down by becoming concerned for the fate of wild animals beyond observing them.

Either you will try to domesticate them and run into trouble, or you will witness the law of nature as many of these bunnies don't make it.
    if your referring to me moving them to a box, would you rather me have chopped them up with the lawnmower? their nest is in the middle of the yard and they are becoming quite active and for fear of finding them out of their nest as i was mowing [[which we did), i felt them to be safe in the box for a matter of minutes.

ccbatson Guest

Or mow around the area?

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    if your referring to me moving them to a box, would you rather me have chopped them up with the lawnmower? their nest is in the middle of the yard and they are becoming quite active and for fear of finding them out of their nest as i was mowing [[which we did), i felt them to be safe in the box for a matter of minutes.
    rotflmao. Pay attention class.

A few years ago we found a dead mama rabbit in front of our house, and under the bushes were 2 babies, with eyes open. We brought them in and tried bottle feeding them with kitten milk replacement formula. They did OK for a few days, and then they both died. I guess the formula wasn't right. The local vet told us that it is almost impossible to successfully raise orphaned baby wild rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Suburban wildlife is out of control. My son has seen deer in the little wooded area behind my house in Southfield. I put bird seed out for the cardinals, and I see squirrels and chipmunks filling their faces. Yesterday a young groundhog peered at me from the top step of my deck as though he was saying,"So where's the sunflower seeds?"
    Counterpoint - urban sprawl is out of control. Humans are encroaching on formerly wild areas.

Don't know where the OP lives, city or country. I'm way out in the country and I have rabbits and a whole host of other critters all year long. Lots of entertainment. The occasional carcass of the losers too unfortunately.

If I found a rabbit hole in my yard I'd mow round it, Yet after trying to save the birds falling outta the tree in my yard growing up .I think I would stay clear of the babies. I havn't seen no rabbits in my yard yet. But I would welcome them more the the giant coon that was here a month ago.

couldn't mow around the nest as they are starting to venture out and cruzing all over the yard. had we not looked before powering up the mowering, we would have been able to have rabbitt stew for dinner.

The interesting rabbit saga continues. Let us start a pool on the fate of "The wild and cute yard rabbits of the summer of 09". I'm cheering them on while knowing their likely unfortunate fate. The little guy and all that.

If I may be so bold as to ask, what make and model cell is it? Depending on the cell, you might be able to email the photographs to yourself [[for a fee ? - ecccch!) via your carrier services. Or to their remote server [[again ecccch!). Some others cells may allow you to directly download the photographs to a PC with their proprietary software [[local) and a patch cord or even wirelessly. Check the owners manual, or google your make and model for tips. Also, certain cells [[e.g. Nokia) have a vibrant non-proprietary community availing open source "free" software [[apps) for thousands of tasks.

Or you might be able to copy the photographs to an insertable card and then take the card to your PC.

ccbatson Guest

Try waiting a week, they should be able to fend well enough for themselves avoiding a mower soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2