Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I cannot imagine anyone arguing that, Cliffy, I'm only concerned with HOW they achieved it. What process did they go through to get permission to demolish, what happens to the 'recycled' products of these demolitions, and who has control and right to profit off the land afterward.

Welcome to the board.

Cheers

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._river_default

Where does everyone think the next area will be? I agree with one of the comments that the area [[at least right next to Eastern Market) should be utilized for large-scale farming.

Quote Originally Posted by WPitonya View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._river_default

Where does everyone think the next area will be? I agree with one of the comments that the area [[at least right next to Eastern Market) should be utilized for large-scale farming.
    GO BING! [[HEY, no rock throwing!)

Looks like the family is moving to ATL. [[No doubt because they have those sweet wide freeways). Was this a goodbye gift? http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...a#.Uagex0A3t48

Someone probably had suggested Pulte Group tear down the remaining abandoned structures on the eastside and that is when Bing pulled the plug on them. Bing administration had always blown good chances in cleaning up the city

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Looks like the family is moving to ATL. [[No doubt because they have those sweet wide freeways). Was this a goodbye gift? http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...a#.Uagex0A3t48

Grandson says NOBODY from the family is with Pulte Group any longer. Freep apparently asked the better questions and actually did some followup. Go figure.

The grandson Pulte is CEO of Pulte Capital Partners, a private equity firm that is also based in Bloomfield Hills. In an e-mail Thursday night, he said he couldn’t comment on any report of a headquarters move as no one from his family is still with PulteGroup.

“But Pulte Capital — my firm — and its subsidiaries with over 200 people will continue to stay and grow in Michigan,” Bill Pulte said. “Our Pulte family is committed to Detroit.”

Quote Originally Posted by ismoakrack View Post
    What are the school and church that are being demolished mentioned in the muckraker article? I can't picture what he's talking about.
    I suppose I could have posted this in the new thread on Pulte leaving Detroit, but I'm trying to keep this to the right thread, thus this bump.

Here are a couple of pics I took, after the Pulte grandson demo. I pass there every weekend at least once, often twice, and even though the neighborhood was snaggled and most houses gone, the now much larger empty space was still sobering.

I was standing right on Chene, across from the Post Office, looking west. I was right at the spot that a carcass of a building stood for years, and to its right was a church building, now gone too. I was able to see straight through to Dubois and St. Aubin, to the new schools.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Sources tell me the next site is in Brightmoor.

So what's happened in this area since the summer? Demolition? Construction? Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Because she drives a DUMP TRUCK silly!
    Thank you for my best laugh today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5