Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default BREAKING NEWS! Dutch queen to announce something.

Half an hour from this post the our Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is going to make an announcements. It's rumoured that she's going to abdicate her throne. More to follow.

Update:
    BBC.co.uk

January 2013 Last updated at 17:20 GMT Share this page

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is to make a televised announcement, amid speculation in local media that she will abdicate the throne.
    The queen, who is approaching her 75th birthday, will address the nation at 19:00 local time [[18:00 GMT), the royal household said in a statement.
    Unconfirmed Dutch reports say she will announce her abdication in favour of her son, Prince Willem-Alexander.
    Queen Beatrix has been head of state since 1980, when her mother abdicated.
    The royal household said the speech had already been recorded by the queen at her palace on the outskirts of The Hague, but refused to comment on its content.
    Prime Minister Mark Rutte would also address the nation following the queen's speech, his office said.
    Queen Beatrix is the sixth monarch from the House of Orange-Nassau, which has ruled the Netherlands since the early 19th Century. Her two immediate predecessors have abdicated.
    Correspondents say her abdication would be unlikely to provoke a constitutional crisis. Under Dutch law, the monarch has few powers and the role is considered ceremonial.

All hail King Willem-Alexander I! God save the King.

Confirmed!

Don't know if he'll go by that name or King Willem IV.

I think he will go by King Bob

Personally, I like Willie the King [[with apologies to Frank Zappa).

I take it that now that they have their first male sovereign since 1890... that they won't be getting Luxembourg back? [[They lost it when Wilhelmina became Queen in 1890... Salic law held only male heirs in Luxembourg.)

and I thought it was going to be about getting the bicycles back.

Prince Charles rushed to Buckingham and said, "Mum, have you heard the news?"

love it ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Prince Charles rushed to Buckingham and said, "Mum, have you heard the news?"
    That would be "Mummie"

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    That would be "Mummie"
    In the upper classes it would be "Mumsie"....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    In the upper classes it would be "Mumsie"....
    Yes, but Chuckie calls her 'Mummy';
    Prince Charles gave a warm, emotional and often witty speech in praise of his mother at the close of the Diamond Jubilee Concert.Just his opening word – ‘Mummy’ – earned him rapturous cheers from the crowd as the Queen, dressed in a gold lame gown dotted with crystals, looked on plainly delighted.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2JTnAaBIl
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

FYI, Whitehouse, today's hardcopy Free Press has a photo on page 7 of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima after his investiture ceremony.

I couldn't find that photo online but here's a nice video of the Dutch royal family: Willem-Alexander becomes Dutch king, succeeds Beatrix.

The Dutch finally have a KING! LONG LIVE THE KING, LONG LIVE THE KING, LONG LIVE THE KING. Next I want Queen Elizabeth to abdicate her throne. Have Prince William to become King of Great Brittian.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The Dutch finally have a KING! LONG LIVE THE KING, LONG LIVE THE KING, LONG LIVE THE KING. Next I want Queen Elizabeth to abdicate her throne. Have Prince William to become King of Great Brittian.
    Charles would have to decline the kingship for that to happen - fat chance