Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Detroit parking enforcement goes above and beyond!

And what I mean by that is I was parked outside DPL main branch a year ago. I walked upon my car and there was a meter maid placing a ticket under my wiper. I walked them over to the group box to show them that there was still time on the meter....they acted surprised and ripped the ticket up. Had I not been there to show them how to do their job I most definitely would of been screwed.

*also a friend got a ticket for parking his compact car 6" off the curb, even though it was still more out of the street then any full sized automobile, truck or SUV.

side note-- anybody know when the downtown-area Detroit parking meters became one-hour only? I experienced this the other day attending the TRU meeting; I had thought the meters were 2-hour based.. [[by the end of my first hour I was lucky enough to have an empty parking space in front of me on Larned to move to another spot and put in a second set of coins, but the revelation was vaguely off-putting..)

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I got a parking ticket by Bucharest Grill at 130AM Sunday morning. Parking enforcement is working quite well and it's about the only department in the city that does well.

This is a change. You were usually good after 9 just a few years ago downtown. I pay to park in a lot now; just not worth the hassle figuring out enforcement times.
    Isn't parking enforcement an outsourced service? Perhaps that is why it actually works?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    side note-- anybody know when the downtown-area Detroit parking meters became one-hour only? I experienced this the other day attending the TRU meeting; I had thought the meters were 2-hour based.. [[by the end of my first hour I was lucky enough to have an empty parking space in front of me on Larned to move to another spot and put in a second set of coins, but the revelation was vaguely off-putting..)
    I think it depends where you are downtown. Near the Y, I have found both 1 hour and 2 hour meters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2