Dan Gilbert keeps stirring the pot. The Freep's Tom Walsh now reports that he is behind an idea for creating an Automotive-Themed Park in Downtown Detroit. [Link to full article]

I am guessing one of the first thoughts that crossed your minds, it did mine, was Flint's disastrous AutoWorld upon which downtown Flint pinned its hopes in the 1980's declining auto years.

So what do you think? Could this work with Gilbert's money and drive behind it? I gottta figure out where this guy is buying his coffee. He is a juggernaut of energy.

"Let's be frank and honest," Gilbert said in an interview, "Detroit blew it for decades and decades when it came to leveraging the sexiness of the automobile."

..."I would think it should be downtown. You could build something as big as an Epcot Center," the 300-acre theme park at Walt Disney World in Orlando.

"It could be something of that magnitude," Gilbert added, encompassing the past, present and future of the automobile, with opportunities to drive cool vehicles on paved tracks and off-road courses. "It's just endless what you could do."
Looking for a job and know something about cars? Here is your dream job.

On Jan. 5, under his Twitter username @cavsdan, Gilbert posted the following two-part Tweet: "I am looking for the most creative, knowledgeable and experienced 'Car Guy' in the world who knows & lives cutting edge car design ... who knows racing, custom cars, etc., & loves cars! He/She also loves technology but above all is a big time visionary. You know this guy?"