You're absolutely right about the weather changes. This month it appears that the precipitation has mainly occurred when the temperature went above freezing, as it's forecast to do again next week. I don't mind the weather change for many reasons.

The last big winter that I recall we had was 1998-99. That was the one where we got hit with one snow storm after another. It was the one that former Mayor Archer got a lot of people mad at him because many of the residential streets were virtually impassible.

Personally, I'm hoping for another winter like last year. Those 2 weeks of weather in the 70's in March will be in our memory for a lifetime... that's when Europe got socked with some wicked weather, even many parts of Italy had over a foot of snow.

Keeping the jet stream to our north is to the liking of all except those who earn extra money with their snowplows and salt companies. All cities in metro Detroit are also likely looking forward to a snow free winter, what with all the tight municipal budgets.

Lets hope the snow does come... but stays north of 32 Mile Rd.... to help refill our lakes. Plus if it rains when the temps rise above freezing... that's OK too.