Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Could be random, could be not. My friend [[WSU Math Prof) was shot in the back three times by some worthless bastard teens steps from his house in Woodbridge two years ago. No ATMs, no big gold rings, no wads of cash, I can tell you. Luckily he lived [[and still lives in Woodbridge). In this city, it's totally random chance. The perps take off and we're left with a "young black male" description and a police force incapable/unwilling to close the case. Everyone knows that, especially the criminals. If you ever want to kill someone, bring them to Detroit. You'll likely get off scott free.

Woodbridge is just too much for me these days. Everything to the north and west is no man's land. Too much crime of opportunity - violent crime of opportunity.

What they need to do is target those high crime areas [[often down to the block or house) like Warren Evans was doing. Oh, wait, instead this administration will just go on TV smelling like mothballs grousing about how we need better parenting. No shit.

Yeah, I grew up in 48208 and once got in my early twenties and live on Commonwealth and had my stuff stolen I got out. I had a young family and needed to keep it moving. The danger factor was getting too close for comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Woodbridge is just too much for me these days. Everything to the north and west is no man's land. Too much crime of opportunity - violent crime of opportunity....