Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What ever happened to those Jesus loving kids from Texas that wanted to move here and open a coffee shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    We stopped in, today, while visiting Winter Blast. I don't drink coffee, but the aroma was fantastic as we entered. Colleen had her fix, and offers "thumbs up".
    I had spoken the to owner/manager yesterday. She had said that the city is giving her trouble with her signage. The city is saying that the building is historical and does not want her to put up a certain type of sign letting people know that the place is open. I told her to keep fighting. Buffalo Wild Wings had altered a historical building and the city allowed them to do it. I believe that whatever Dan Gilbert is trying to do the city will block it. Of course they will to his face allow him to buy buildings in the area and have much fanfare about the opening of Somerset Collection City Loft but when it comes to as permanent store that Gilbert want to put in the area the city will give him or the business a hard time. That Jazz Liquor store was allowed to open by the city in the middle of a potnential retail district championed by Gilbert. The city also would make it hard to get a permit to open a business or wont send the inspector out for the final inspection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2