Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Yes, at least I'll sleep easy knowing I didn't waste that kind of money.
    With the leaky roofs and drafty windows probably not that well!

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    With the leaky roofs and drafty windows probably not that well!
    Nope, my roofs never leak because they are redone right. I also would never overspend by replacing them with clay tile, slate or thatched cedar. Drafty windows would increase my heating bill, so that would never happen either on my watch.

Nope, my roofs never leak because they are redone right. I also would never overspend by replacing them with clay tile, slate or thatched cedar. Drafty windows would increase my heating bill, so that would never happen either on my watch.
    To show how little you know about local history here is a link to Flint Faience history. Also judging from your cheapness yes I think your home would be very drafty and leaky because you would not use the proper materials!

http://www.oldhouseonline.com/histor...-tile-company/

To show how little you know about local history here is a link to Flint Faience history. Also judging from your cheapness yes I think your home would be very drafty and leaky because you would not use the proper materials!

http://www.oldhouseonline.com/histor...-tile-company/
    I think one of my places has unglazed vitrocraft tile in the public lobby. A couple went missing over the years and I bought some 12x12 tile that looked similar at Home Depot and cut it with the tile cutter to fit. Blends in very well. Total tile cost was a couple bucks.... Haha. I didn't need to search antique stores trying to find original tile and waste a fortune.

I'd say, if anything, your place is leaky and drafty [[if you don't rent) because you waste your money on such frivolous things instead of making sure you have enough money to replace your roof and windows when they fail.

I think one of my places has unglazed vitrocraft tile in the public lobby. A couple went missing over the years and I bought some 12x12 tile that looked similar at Home Depot and cut it with the tile cutter to fit. Blends in very well. Total tile cost was a couple bucks.... Haha. I didn't need to search antique stores trying to find original tile and waste a fortune.

I'd say, if anything, your place is leaky and drafty [[if you don't rent) because you waste your money on such frivolous things instead of making sure you have enough money to replace your roof and windows when they fail.
    Give me tile made by real artisans here in MI anytime over cheap crap made by slave labor somewhere else sold by a big box. Again you talk about replacements that fail-a sign you use inferior materials. Everything I have is original and works well because it was done right the first time[[except for a good replacement roof)!

Give me tile made by real artisans here in MI anytime over cheap crap made by slave labor somewhere else sold by a big box. Again you talk about replacements that fail-a sign you use inferior materials. Everything I have is original and works well because it was done right the first time[[except for a good replacement roof)!
    You wasted your money like a drunken sailor. You'll never recover your money when you sell it because it's all original. It's the same quality. It's not rocket science. And it's on the floor, so you can't really tell the difference between a same quality replica from a big box store. The reason it came loose was because the building is over 80 years old so the floor shifted. What happened was not unreasonable. It has nothing do with it being done wrong. It's just wear and tear over time. Your referring to it as "interior material" is just a value added statement, a sales pitch. It has no merit when it comes to structural quality.

As for being done right the first time. Laying down tile is not rocket science. Anyone can do it. It's crazy to get somebody to lay down tile for $200 an hour when there's plenty out there who'll do the same quality of work for $12 an hour.

Beautiful mansions in Palmer Woods reduce to cheap 'ready to squat' drug dens and low-income folks!

I wish I didn't read this thread. It is making me anxious and uncomfortable hearing the thoughts of some of the individuals on this board.