Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    I just noticed something..when the scandal is committed by a republican, the juvenile come out of the wood work on Dyes. Not when it is a liberal. Conclusion? Immaturity is owned by liberals on Dyes.
    LOL!!!

Show me a liberal with the boldface hypocricy of the Rethuglican Rogue's Gallery:

Newt Gingrich
    Bob Livingston
    Mark Sanford
    John Ensign
    John McCain
    Tom Foley
    Rev. Haggard
    Larry Craig

amongst others

Denial is the last refuge of the delusional.

ccbatson Guest

I deny nothing...look at my comments regarding Sanford as the most recent example.

Not the point....the point is the immaturity of liberals here on Dyes.

Lorax Guest

I deny nothing...look at my comments regarding Sanford as the most recent example.

Not the point....the point is the immaturity of liberals here on Dyes.
    According to whom?

The three conservatives on Dyes?

LOL!!!

I will say one thing, you keep posting.

I think of a hamster running on a treadmill, alot of effort and getting nowhere.

ccbatson Guest

Weren't you paying attention? According to me...earlier on this thread.

Lorax Guest

Weren't you paying attention? According to me...earlier on this thread.
    And?

No one's taking you seriously, so, according to whom?

ccbatson quote [Mark Sanford and His Plastic Jesus - July 1, 2009, Post #29 -]
    “He committed adultery...a religious person needs to recognize the consequences under his/her own faith before propping up that very same faith as a shield against the consequences.”

In regard to Governor Sanford, who happens to be a republican - probably a coincidence - you show admirable restraint in your judgment of the man. You write like a person who does not care about a man’s political inclinations, but only that he has crossed the moral line, has been caught, and now tries to justify his transgression by misusing whatever religious scruples he might have.

But then you decide that the other posters are immature and accuse them of being juvenile. You base your accusation on your opinion that they write in a derogatory manner just because Governor Sanford is a republican, and then point to a previous post [#29] to show how even-handed you are when you comment about anyone, as if to say that only democrats stoop to plumb new depths to sling the mud.

ccbatson quote [Mark Sanford and His Plastic Jesus - July 2, 2009, Post #50 ]
    “I just noticed something..when the scandal is committed by a republican, the juvenile come out of the wood work on Dyes. Not when it is a liberal. Conclusion? Immaturity is owned by liberals on Dyes.”

ccbatson quote [Mark Sanford and His Plastic Jesus - July 3, 2009, Post #52 ]
    “I deny nothing...look at my comments regarding Sanford as the most recent example.
    Not the point....the point is the immaturity of liberals here on Dyes."

Oh, come now, Bats! You know very well that you can be just as immature and juvenile when it comes to getting your digs in about those of the democratic persuasion. In a thread titled “Ex-Presidents, After Washington,” a thread which stressed the positive accomplishments of former Presidents, and in which posters of conservative and liberal leanings were offering unbiased comments about both republican and democratic ex-Presidents, you had to be the first to show your immaturity and make a juvenile comment.

ccbatson quote [Ex-Presidents, After Washington - May 14, 2009, Post #15]
    “Clinton...ummm...well, I hear he has bedded scores of women, and despite this transgression, is still the spouse of the current Secretary of State.”

Up to the point when you injected your venom into the conversation, that thread had been most refreshingly civil.

How disingenuous! You need to disabuse yourself of the opinion that you, alone, are always correct and that all others who do not agree with your position are always wrong. You ought not cast the first stone unless you are completely free of sin.

Gee, the gov has been censored by his Republican colleagues. I wonder if he thinks this is sufficient punishment, as he wanted a tougher punishment for Clinton while he was a congressman during that extra-marital scandal.

Since he wanted Clinton to resign, he should hold himself to the same standard, and resign. Otherwise, he looks like the hypocrite he apparently is.

ccbatson Guest

Yes, he should resign, most republicans, besides Sanford himself, agree. So what is your point?

Yes, he should resign, most republicans, besides Sanford himself, agree. So what is your point?
    If that were the case, they would have voted for him to resign, not censor. I guess you are confusing the terms.

The point is that no leader of his own party is demanding he resign. there are lots of statements about "disappointment" and this censure nonsense, but where is the impeachment proceeding for the state's chief executive who lied about multiple affairs? Oh yeah, it's only worthy of a government shut down if it's a democrat schtupping an intern.

If republicans don't want to be mocked for their infidelities,[[ vitter, craig, ensign, newt..et al) stop using "family values" as your goto wedge issue...or at the very least, hold your own to the standards you demand of everyone else.

You folks keep looking for leadership in our politicians failing to understand they're primarily yes men on both sides of the aisle. Evaluate their backgrounds. These people didn't get where they are by challenging the status quo or becoming experts at anything. They majored in the broad yes man majors of law, journalism, and Poli-Sci. Their first job was kissing the but of some low ranking politician where they learned the way to move up is to pretend to kiss more and more important but until they were expert enough to pretend to kiss the butts of the masses. They kiss the but of those that know things and pretend to kiss the butt of those that are clueless. The better informed the public is, the better job the but kissers do for the public which is as close to doing the will of the people as we are likely to get. America has plenty of leadership; there's just not much of it in our legislative buildings.

ccbatson Guest

Actually, I agree, they should pressure Sanford out to stem the damage done.

My liberal sister emailed me this rather old post from Maureen Dowd. The author keeps speaking about someone named Marco. I don't get what Maureen is getting at. I think she is either being sarcastic, ironic, or disingenuous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/op...dowd.html?_r=2

I am not sure why my relative sent it except sometimes, like that Dowd person, I am believed to be sarcastic, ironic, or disingenuous.

ccbatson Guest

MARK Sanford...Marco? Yeah, I know, lame liberal humor is, well, lame.

Yes, Marco the strong Latin American lover was a bit much; and yet I am sure he doesn’t hold a candle to the strong romantic leading man, beloved by South American women of all ages, the one, the only, the indomitable SiSi Batson.

You guys are dense. Basically, she was implying that Gov. Sanford was a living a double life. He was "Mark" the boring, conservative governor AND "Marco" the international lover.

Kind of like a real life Walter Mitty.

Lorax Guest

Looks like John Ensign of Nevada, one of Sanford's and Coburn's fascist "Family" buddies hit his parents up for 96,000.00 bucks to silence the family of the female staffer he was schtupping.

Can you believe it? At his advanced age having to hit up elderly parents to pay off extortion money to the husband of the woman he's boning? Will the Rethuglican hypocricy ever end?

Read this book on the secret fundamentalist Christian fascist organization in Washington DC which rents rooms to congressmen who are part of "The Family."

http://www.therevealer.org/archives/...ing_002953.php

ccbatson Guest

It isn't Republican, it is individual corruption.

Lorax Guest

It isn't Republican, it is individual corruption.
    It's apparent to me that corruption is indemic within the Rethuglican Reich. All the members of the fascist "Family" of cultists in Washington are Neoconvicts, hellbent on trampling over the rights of humans to obtain power and wealth, no matter who gets hurt along the way.

I suggest reading the book.

ccbatson Guest

The opposite is true given that the bulk of the party stands up and speaks out against this kind of behavior. On the other hand, the Democrats do no such thing, encouraging the behaviors.

Lorax Guest

Well, that's a complete lie.

Show me the list of Rethuglican "leaders" who have spoken out against the fascism of "The Family."

Bet you can't find that list.

Again, read the book.

ccbatson Guest

First [[and again) you need to grasp definitions of basic words like Fascism before repeatedly making a fool of yourself with the misuse of them.

By leaders do you mean other or former office holders? If so, Newt Gingrich did speak out against it on Hannity [[although he is no family values angel himself). If commentators are included as "leaders", then take your pick...Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin...all of them.

Lorax Guest

Description of fascism - American Heritage® Dictionary

NOUN: 1. often Fascism a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism. b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government. fascistic [[f-shstk) Additional references: Columbia Encyclopedia

I suppose you'll find this incorrect- go ahead, make my day.

Lorax Guest

First [[and again) you need to grasp definitions of basic words like Fascism before repeatedly making a fool of yourself with the misuse of them.

By leaders do you mean other or former office holders? If so, Newt Gingrich did speak out against it on Hannity [[although he is no family values angel himself). If commentators are included as "leaders", then take your pick...Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin...all of them.

Why do Rethuglicans give Snoot GinGrinch a platform to speak? You might as well pull a homeless guy off the street, or an unemployed sex addict.

GinGrinch is just that, an elitist, unemployed nutsack who represents no one. A washed up former congressman with sex addiction issues and scathing, rampant fascist leanings. A real freak of nature. I hope you guys run him and Saracuda next time, so we can all have a great sideshow/trainwreck to watch. LOL!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast