Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "So don't give me this either/or argument time and again. I'll call you out on it every time. "

LOL and be deluded, confused and wrong as usual.
    LOL!!!

Deluded, confused, wrong, snarky, backward, elitist, entitled, super rich, fascist, self-centered, and hopelessly lost.

I can see you haven't been walking upright long.

Not if you only book a day or two before departure. I can name at least one company that routinely planned business meetings weeks in advance, yet numerous hotshots waited until a day or two before to book the flights and had the company pay through the nose. I'll give you a clue, they received big bailouts.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.
    No, it doesn't.

ccbatson Guest

He committed adultery...a religious person needs to recognize the consequences under his/her own faith before propping up that very same faith as a shield against the consequences.

Quote: "No, it doesn't."

You're both right, it doesn't. I would change it, but F it.

Quote: "No, it doesn't."

You're both right, it doesn't. I would change it, but F it.
    Come on Moo, Google up some stats that make sense.

After reading that headline, I had this image:

That's funny, Now I'd buy one of those...

"I don't care if it rains or freezes, long as I got my plastic Jesus, right there on the dashboard of my truck"

Lorax Guest

Some additional info on NPR yesterday regarding Sanford's and Ensign's membership in "The Family" which is a christian fundamentalist organization which rents below market rates, rooms in a former convent in DC to congressmen, though is classified as a church, thus not paying taxes.

This isn't even the most egregious of the things going on with this group. It founded the Christian Prayer Breakfast in DC back under Eisenhower, supposedly as an Ecumenical event, and in reality it is used by foreign governments to lobby favors of the administration in charge.

There is a new book on the subject by Jeff Sharlet:

http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=no:148887452
    Last edited by Lorax; July-02-09 at 10:23 AM.

So..

If you're looking for less than perfect attributes in man, you'll find many, some more than others. The point you're missing is, Christians don't worship men. You must, as you and yours are continually holding them accountable some moral doctrine. I could care less what Sanford did, he doesn't have to answer to you or I for that, only the criminal aspects of it. I just wish these Morons would keep their traps shut about church when they get their titty in the wringer. And the people pointing their finger at Sanford are most likely guilty of much more heinous offenses. "Let he that is without sin cast the first stone".
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; July-02-09 at 10:11 AM.

Lorax Guest

So..

If you're looking for less than perfect attributes in man, you'll find many, some more than others. The point you're missing is, Christians don't worship men. You must, as you and yours are continually holding them accountable some moral doctrine. I could care less what Sanford did, he doesn't have to answer to you or I for that, only the criminal aspects of it. I just wish these Morons would keep their traps shut about church when they get their titty in the wringer. And the people pointing their finger at Sanford are most likely guilty of much more heinous offenses. "Let he that is without sin cast the first stone".
    Thanks for the biblical quote, seems oddly appropriate for you.

I could care less what Sanford does in his bedroom- he's the one who made it an issue.

If his religion allowed him to be open about his sexuality, and had no opinion on whether being married or single was important, then he could have run for office as a married man with a mistress, be seen in public with either one from time to time- then let the voters decide if this is the person they want to represent them. He didn't do that.

Instead, he hides behind the Christian acceptability of being in a faithful marriage, while sneaking around doing what he, as well as his church deems as something "dirty."

Perhaps he should have run for office as a divorcee, or single man, and no one, including the religious should have a problem with it.

Most people think of a hypocrite as one of the worst things you can be in both your personal, as well as your public life. Sanford and Ensign exemplify this.

Sandford was one of the finger waggers at Clinton, and was extremely vocal about it, as was Ensign. You're right, it's those who protest too much that are probably engaging in the same, or worse behavior.

Quote: "I could care less what Sanford does in his bedroom- he's the one who made it an issue."

Yeah, he decided to issue a press release addressing his infidelity and squandering of taxpayers money... He was exposed by the demorats to discredit him for political purposes.

Screw this two party system. It is nothing but a hindrance. So much time, energy and resources wasted on all the squabbles. It produces people like Lorax with a discretionary system of: Democrat= Good, Republican=Bad

Lorax Guest

Quote: "I could care less what Sanford does in his bedroom- he's the one who made it an issue."

Yeah, he decided to issue a press release addressing his infidelity and squandering of taxpayers money... He was exposed by the demorats to discredit him for political purposes.

Screw this two party system. It is nothing but a hindrance. So much time, energy and resources wasted on all the squabbles. It produces people like Lorax with a discretionary system of: Democrat= Good, Republican=Bad
    We really have to stop meeting like this- people will say we're in love!!

Fancy a trip to Buenos Aires?

He was exposed by the demorats to discredit him for political purposes
    Bullshit, he exposed himself by disappearing and lying about where he was to his coworkers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_219417.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Bullshit, he exposed himself by disappearing and lying about where he was to his coworkers.
    It could have been a combination. He wasn't on the job and broke promises to his wife. However, I would go beyond blaming Democrats. Gov. Spitzer [[D-NY) was attacking some financial interests just as Sanford had done. Congressman George Hansen had a bad time in prison. Kennedy ran into misfortune shortly after signing an executive order to go back to put the dollar back on a silver standard. All of this might be coincidence, of course, but considering all the politicians who might be having affairs, it seems affairs are found and misfortunes common when politicians start disrupting profit flows. Sanford had recently been in the news for refusing a measure of Porkulus that had too many strings attached.

Quote: "it seems affairs are found and misfortunes common when politicians start disrupting profit flows."

Right on. Why J Edgar Hoover stayed in as Chief as long as he did, he had dirt on everyone and could play it when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    South Carolina governor Mark Sanford stood behind his plastic Jesus, claiming he was like King David, appointed by God. etc.
    That King David bit is straight out of Doug Coe's "Family", which you can read about in
    The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power [[Paperback)

by Jeff Sharlet

Or you can hear him interviewed on NPR's "Fresh Air" [July 1]
    http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...view=storyview

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    That King David bit is straight out of Doug Coe's "Family", which you can read about in
    The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power [[Paperback)

by Jeff Sharlet

Or you can hear him interviewed on NPR's "Fresh Air" [July 1]
    http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...view=storyview
    I mentioned this in the thread above, and find it really illuminating as to what these people really think. They are determined to blend religion and government at any cost. James Madison would be turning in his grave!

This sort of deviant backdoor influence needs to be nipped in the bud.

Quote: " This sort of deviant backdoor influence needs to be nipped in the bud."

Oh it will take care of itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzMjGbSoTj4

Incorrectly labeled as Dead Kennedys, it's actually Jello with Mojo Nixon.

Default Spiritual Healing Supplies at Archie McPhee

Last edited by Jimaz; August-04-09 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzMjGbSoTj4

Incorrectly labeled as Dead Kennedys, it's actually Jello with Mojo Nixon.
    Too much Jello, not enough Mojo.

ccbatson Guest

I just noticed something..when the scandal is committed by a republican, the juvenile come out of the wood work on Dyes. Not when it is a liberal. Conclusion? Immaturity is owned by liberals on Dyes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast