Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    But Patrick Edwards is back- albeit on the practice squad, so maybe thruster won't burst a blood vessel until Sunday's game.
    Awright awright... I won't blow a gasket. I'll be fine. I'm still licking my wounds from watching both Ilitch teams take the spin around the drain last night.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I am tired of having my posts deleted, so I won't bother
    Well THIS one didn't go away, so I'm assuming you are good.

Noticing that IE is giving me problems when posting though. Chrome seems to be working fine, though.

I got a message asking if I wanted to leave the page when I clicked quick reply on IE. Said that all changes made in the editor would be lost. Could that be your problem?
    Last edited by townonenorth; October-20-13 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Awright awright... I won't blow a gasket. I'll be fine. I'm still licking my wounds from watching both Ilitch teams take the spin around the drain last night.
    Me too. What a waste of talent in tigertown, but Boston deserved to win. But enough of that.

But, I believe that Edwards isn't all that. I'm glad that Fauria and Durham are there to catch the ball, outside of CJ's contributions. I'm not mentioning the "other" TE's catch ratio, I don't want to jinx it.

Busted. I’ll be man enough to take the hit for today’s loss. Prior to game time I get a call from a buddy with tickets to the game. How the hell am I supposed to say no to that offer? So the nachos & beers were shelved and I sat in one of the corners of Ford Field to watch the game. You all know I’d ordinarily be ranting at half-time on the Dyes forum but instead I’m there in person to spout my venom at the other team, pour out my venom towards the crappy officiating and maybe even give Jim Schwartz a lesson in coaching. it was my fault we lost.

So it was because I wasn’t at home watching and cheering on the team that the Lions lost today. Call is superstition. Call it what you will. We should’ve could’ve won that game, but no- my dumbass self was at Ford Field in person having a damn good time watching a pretty exhilarating game.

I’m sure smogboy, gnome, firstandten, and the usual suspects here were cheering from wherever but I’m the dope that couldn’t keep a good thing going by staying at home, keeping the karma going, and willing the boys onto a victory. I’m to blame. Curse me if you will.

And thank RG3 for taking down Chicago too so we’re still tied for first place.

I am not a fan of Schwartz. In OT, both teams get one crack with the ball before it becomes sudden death. They essentially beat the trap by getting a first down from their own 6. And then they give it all back with two incomplete passes that stop the clock and allow Cinci to keep a TO.

Two incredibly stupid clock stopping incomplete passes and a lousy punt killed the Lions today.

But Bears lost, and now it depends on what Packers do...

Thruster 315 that's ok the season is still young but as we get into November we can't have you going to Ford Field enjoying yourself with the masses. You need to be home with the rest of us sweating bullets and cursing the TV.

A darn exciting game I might say! It was toe-to-toe with both sides slugging it out. Was the outcome pre-determined like so many other Same Ol’ Lions games? I didn’t think so. This was our Lions team taking on a pretty top notch Bengals team that some have placed in Super Bowl contention. And we went punch-for-punch with them and just couldn’t close them out in the end, nor could we get it to overtime where it’d be a crap shoot.

Let’s talk about the Bengals first. Here was a team that limited the likes of Brady, Rodger & Roethlisberger to a few TDs. They were also supposed to be pretty darn good at getting to the opposing team’s quarterback too. On those two notes, I thought the Lions did a great job; they scored with a pretty balanced offense. They had their primary weapons on display with Calvin Johnson being a monster out there and they also utilized Reggie Bush/ Joique Bell pretty effectively too. Three touchdowns by Stafford was a nice boost to our confidence. Our offensive line, despite being banged up today still played a strong game. No sacks to a pretty fearsome front that was relentless was a nice sign of where this new offensive line could go.

The offensive production was good considering what we were up against. I thought Linehan was aggressive in his play calling as well as mixing up long balls, short screens, and hand offs too. Stafford over threw the ball a few times but still connected with Calvin enough times and he managed possession of the ball well too. No turnovers is always a good thing for this team and it’s a sign of his maturation.

Defensively now I thought Dalton had his way with the secondary. Dalton and Green abused Chris Houston early on; I kept on hoping for more help from Quin or Delmas over the top but even still, our DBs got abused by Dalton’s accurate tosses. It was not a banner day for them. The front four could only apply so much pressure [[credit goes to the Bengal O-line too) but Dalton was quick with his release. We didn’t even record a sack until late but the front four and secondary didn’t work in sync. Their O line was the difference in this game.

Sam Martin. David Akers. Those guys also had pivotal moments in this game too. Akers gets a kick blocked and everyone is going to discuss Martin’s shanked punt at the end of the game that gave the Bengals great field position. It’s the one aspect of our game that needs to improve. In a tight game like this, we can’t afford any flubs of any kind. Seeing performances like this makes one crave Jason Hanson/ Nick Harris again. This aspect of the game falls solely on the players and not the coaches.

While it was still satisfying to see a good competitive game, it was a bummer to lose. We could’ve won this game and I thought we played pretty well to do so. We hung in there until the very last few plays- that’s not Same Ol’ Lions play any more. Even with a loss this game gave me hope; penalties were down [[only 4 for 30 yards and none during a critical juncture), Calvin seems like classic Calvin Johnson again, Third down efficiency was brilliant [[13-19) and we hung in there with a very very good team.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Two incredibly stupid clock stopping incomplete passes and a lousy punt killed the Lions today.

But Bears lost, and now it depends on what Packers do...
    One can't exactly fault the Lions for being aggressive and wanting to win it but I agree. There is a certain point when it's best to go for killing the clock and playing for OT as opposed to giving the ball back to the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Thruster 315 that's ok the season is still young but as we get into November we can't have you going to Ford Field enjoying yourself with the masses. You need to be home with the rest of us sweating bullets and cursing the TV.
    Do we need to have a court order keeping thruster315 out of Ford Field for the rest of the year now?

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    Do we need to have a court order keeping thruster315 out of Ford Field for the rest of the year now?
    Ain't no thang people! I'm sure Ford Field security's got me on their docket as "undesirable" already.

Damn good game today. It had been awhile since I was at an actual game. Atmosphere was electric and I had nearly forgotten how loud that place can be. Say what you want about us fans, but damn- I seriously thought we were the 12th person on that field. Ford Field was rockin' it. The guys on the field nearly sent us home a helluva lot happier too, but for those few hours they kept us entertained.

Is this time for a GM to be aggressive? IMO, the Lions have picked up some good talent this year but do not have enough to challenge top teams. With QBs and RBs going down, they have two players - Shaun Hill and Lashure who might get them some draft picks or a starter to fill a need. Just a thought. I see that Waddle did ok at both tackle positions. This is a team that could get better, if the cards are played right.

Still not quite ready for prime time yet. A good team finds a way to win at the end. We found a way to lose. Props to the defense for a huge stop at the end and getting us the ball back, even though it was deep in our end. But we got a first down and were on our way to a game winning field goal. Couldn't seal the deal, and then the shank. Then their guy kicks a long one after missing a shorter fg earlier in the game. Also, needed more points early with all the possesion time we had. It doesn't get any easier. Here comes Romo to Dez Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Here comes Romo to Dez Bryant.
    If we were playing in Dallas I might say that it be intimidating but I just don't think Romo is the same kind of QB on the road. Not sure what it is, if it's home cooking or what but he just doesn't scare me at Ford Field. None of their victories this year have been epic or blowouts. And beyond Romo and Bryant, I can't see DeMarco Murray having a killer running game against us. The only person that I can see giving us fits might be Jason Witten but then I can also see Levy getting a pick from his way.

Also one other thing of note that I wanted to point out that might fly under the radar- but when was the last time we bitched about the Lions tackling this year? They actually seem to be able to hit and wrap this year for a change [[I'm still in awe). I don't recall seeing guys getting away from us this years or gaining that crucial five extra yards because of a missed tackle.

Also one other thing of note that I wanted to point out that might fly under the radar- but when was the last time we bitched about the Lions tackling this year? They actually seem to be able to hit and wrap this year for a change [[I'm still in awe). I don't recall seeing guys getting away from us this years or gaining that crucial five extra yards because of a missed tackle.
    Great point about the better tackling. In years past that would always be a bone of contention because some of the coaches wouldn't want the contact at practice. I don't know how or who has suddenly instilled that in the team but I'm thankful. If one wants to see how ineffective tackling can affect a game- go back and watch the Washington defense against Reggie Bush. He walked through them as though he was going through a turnstile at the bus stop.

One other thing that I've noticed is the lack of stupid ill timed penalties. They seem to be on the decline too. Now i don't expect a repeat of the 2012 Ravens vs. Texans playoff match-up where there were no flags thrown, but I think for this team it's the timeliness of the penalties that hurt us the most. It's that sort of undisciplined action that stalls our own drives, extends the opponent's drives, and drives the coaches batty. But I've seen fewer and fewer this season. I'm not sure what they've done to curb it. Maybe it's leadership? Maturity? Or a combination of coaching, team leaders, and self control- but it seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    Well THIS one didn't go away, so I'm assuming you are good.

Noticing that IE is giving me problems when posting though. Chrome seems to be working fine, though.

I got a message asking if I wanted to leave the page when I clicked quick reply on IE. Said that all changes made in the editor would be lost. Could that be your problem?
    I usually post on an iPad using Safari. The issue of having my posts deleted has been going on for over a year. These 'deletes' usually occur on this thread and I am at a loss to explain the reason.

none of the posts involved name-calling or anything but mild oaths of a strong nature.

i have enjoyed our little clubhouse here with you and Thruster, SBoy and the rest; but I have decide to cut back for a while as the frustration isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I usually post on an iPad using Safari. The issue of having my posts deleted has been going on for over a year. These 'deletes' usually occur on this thread and I am at a loss to explain the reason.

none of the posts involved name-calling or anything but mild oaths of a strong nature.

i have enjoyed our little clubhouse here with you and Thruster, SBoy and the rest; but I have decide to cut back for a while as the frustration isn't worth it.
    Dude, I've seen you passionate and bringing your A game when it comes to talking about our Lions. Nothing ever totally crass or rude to the point of being banned or deleted.

Maybe it's some software glitch? And not anyone on the thread giving you the boot perhaps?

Or you can do what I do when it comes to writing something a little longer- bust your thoughts via a Word document and then paste it over when you're ready to post. Maybe that'd help? Again, I dunno how or why but life's a helluva lot better with your keen observations on this thread.

Halftime rant time:

Where the hell is the 200 to 205 halftime score that all of the pundits said would happen? The defenses on both sides are doing alright.

One of Stafford's picks was forgivable. The other one not so, but it's setting up to be one heckuva fun second half. I'm still waiting for any other receiver besides Calvin to help the cause. I'm okay with the secondary coming in and putting heat on Romo but I'd still like to see him taken down or have a pick based upon that heat.

Romo needs to feel some of that heat in the pocket and I wouldn't mind seeing Levy or Tulloch get a pick off of him. Let's pull down one of his famous wounded ducks and take it back for a pick six.

[[oh great. Now I'm wearing gnome's Miss Cleo turban and making crazy predictions)

Mathew Stafford waits till the end to make two of the most perfect passes I have ever seen a Lion QB throw. Its about time the Lion Luck went the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickford-Bentler View Post
    Mathew Stafford waits till the end to make two of the most perfect passes I have ever seen a Lion QB throw. Its about time the Lion Luck went the other way.
    Beyond Stafford's amazing tosses, what about that last second "I'm gonna spike the ball" to the "Fooled you. I'm gonna jump over the fat asses and score!"? Hell, even half of our offensive line had no idea he was going to pull that off. When he jumped and maybe didn't make it, he still came down and ran to the left to confirm the TD. There was no way that review was going to deny Stafford his touchdown.

Way to kick some sand onto America's team and to Fox? F you with your constant stat of how only one team has come back and won after giving up 4 turnovers. HA!

Beyond Stafford's amazing tosses, what about that last second "I'm gonna spike the ball" to the "Fooled you. I'm gonna jump over the fat asses and score!"? Hell, even half of our offensive line had no idea he was going to pull that off. When he jumped and maybe didn't make it, he still came down and ran to the left to confirm the TD. There was no way that review was going to deny Stafford his touchdown.

Way to kick some sand onto America's team and to Fox? F you with your constant stat of how only one team has come back and won after giving up 4 turnovers. HA!
    I had a feeling he was going to do that. What I like about him is that his mistakes do not bother his later play. He seems to get more accurate when he is a bit tired. Maybe he should get some right before the game and a quick one at halftime.

How's that for some Sunday afternoon entertainment. Wow. I love beating America's Team. That was even better than when we beat them years ago on a last second field goal when we had 12 men on the field. And Dez, your sideline antics keep you out of the class of a Calvin Johnson. Enjoy the bye week my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    And Dez, your sideline antics keep you out of the class of a Calvin Johnson. Enjoy the bye week my friends.
    I don't even want to sound like the ultimate Lions homer but damn, we got it SOOOO good with the likes of Calvin Johnson on our sidelines. He's a touch'a class compared to that asshat of a guy in Dez Bryant. Choose the words to describe his antics on the sideline...

Diva?
    Crybaby?
    Punk?

I seriously don't know how the poor Cowboys coaching staff or players would even handle a dope like that other than taking him out behind the woodshed and beating his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickford-Bentler View Post
    We've been due like a ten month pregnancy.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast