Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Detroit college student True Whitsey 18 - fatally shot in front of younger brother

Absolutely grim -- another murder of a teen yesterday, only 18, 4.0 GPA, full four-year scholarship student of Ferris State, visiting home for holidays, robbed and killed next to his brother on the cities west side. Shot twice even after he and his brother said they had nothing to give the robbers... beyond sad.

From article:

...His mother boasts of her son's 4.0 GPA all through high school. He had a full, four year scholarship to Ferris State where he planned to study corporate law -- a bright, young mind with the world at his feet.

"That was the worse thing I ever [did] in my life, to identify my baby on the screen," Brown said. "They killed both of my sons. They took one life and messed the other one's mind up. He had to witness his brother's death. It don't get [any] worse than that."

True's baby brother said there was something that will make the shooter easy to find.

"He had a tattoo... on the corner of his right eye."

True's mother is planning a candlelight vigil on Joy and Stahelin Saturday night at 6:45. She wants the entire community to show up and support her son.

True Whitsey was mentored by Detroit City Council President Charles Pugh. He released a statement Friday saying, "He was a well mannered young man with goals. I am heartbroken, and it makes me want to double my efforts to save our city by helping not just those who are college bound... but to catch those in enough time to stop them from being prison bound."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20508058/detroit-college-student-18-fatally-shot-in-front-of-his-brother
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-05-13 at 10:03 AM.