The DFD and DPD work with the resources that they have...which equals not much. Delapitated equipment, computers that don't work in police cars, not enough manpower, are all reasons for those departments not running efficiently.

Most of the City of Detroit Departments within the CAY are not running efficiently at all, and it's not because of lack of manpower. I have been retired for 20 years and have yet to receive a call back from Benefits Division after finally getting through to a mailbox of one of the employees down there.

IMHO, there is no accountability within the Detroit City Administration. There are no supervisors, bosses, commissioners, or anyone who holds their employees to a higher standard....unlike the period of 30 years I spend with DFD and you were asked to answer for your actions, or lack thereof.

As I have said thousands of times before, Bing needs to start at the top and trim the fat and get some people who will start managing these departments correctly. Maybe then the City can at least function half-way decent.