Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    Wait, so you talk about blanket statements, and yet you say and I quote "Detroit is surrounded by a lot of white racists who hate the city, its residents and rage against it as a kind of pastime" Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black or is that racist?

No. Because it's true. A blanket statement would be: "Detroit is surrounded EXCLUSIVELY BY white racists, all of whom hate the city... " Can you tell the difference between saying there are white racists in the suburbs [[a is a subset of b) and all suburban whites are racists [[a=b)?

You also go on to say of course a lot of people have left Detroit are racists. You throw around these blanket statements without any evidence and require me to show evidence? You make accusation after accusation of white people being racist.
    Well, yeah. Sure. I've met them. I've talked with them. I have met enough white suburban people saying racist things to conclude that many suburban whites are racists -- N-bomb-dropping, black-joke-telling, prejudice-spreading racists. And, in response to that, what is YOUR evidence that urban blacks are racist?

Keep playing the victim.
    Not sure how I can do that, Shollin. I'm white. I'm a WHITE man. How the fuck is talking frankly about racism PLAYING THE VICTIM?

Blacks in Detroit in the 60's earned higher wages and had a higher home ownership than most other major cities. Welcome to the 60's. Income inequality and segregation was the think back then. You think Detroit was the only city to lose population? All cities from Chicago to New York to Philadelphia to Cleveland to Pittsburgh to Minneapolis to St Louis to Boston to Milwaukee all lost population as the migration to suburbs took full flight by the 60's. People who left Detroit for better employment and less crime I suppose are racist to you?

Talk about moving heaven and earth to change a subject. Rather than admit that there is such a thing as a white racist in Detroit's suburbs, you'd rather pile on all this data? Why? Before you turn this into a class project, Shollin, I already know there are white racists in the Detroit suburbs. You know why?

It's because I've met them.
    Last edited by Detroitnerd; December-27-12 at 04:14 PM.