Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by drpoundsign View Post
    somewhere away from that danged Spider! But seriously, to see the original Downtown before it burned in 1803, I think. The intact Corktown [[including North Corktown, Briggs and Core Cities) before the Fisher Freeway came in, and when it was NICE. Woodward Avenue in Highland Park when it was nice, then when it was Naughty-but still standing intact. Twelfth Street in the Forties and before, when it was a nice Jewish neighborhood with Doctors Dentists and yes, Purple Gang members. In all those old Hotels downtown like the Statler and the Woverine..that are now gone. In the Old Stroh's brewery on Gratiot...but I'd probably fall in a Vat and die Happy. LOL
    So you're a fly with a time machine and the ability to work it? That's a whole lot to take in during your brief life span!

Very difficult to pin it down....has to be a couple.

Leesville & the farms along Connor's Creek south of Harper circa 1885-90.

Along the cut from the river up to Eastern Market where my Belgian people lived, same era.

The I could quit paying dues for Ancestry.com

Yeah, once you start paying for A.com you in for life or that data is gone. Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Then I could quit paying dues for Ancestry.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yeah, once you start paying for A.com you in for life or that data is gone. Hah!
    That's why I bought the Family Tree Maker software. You can download your tree and all the supporting documentation [[and sync it with the online tree if you have a subscription). Then its yours. You can also create gedcom files of your tree with the s/w and load those to other genealogical or dna sites.

While I know who my grandparents were and where they came from, I would truly like to know the paths of 2 Polish immigrants from very different places in Poland who came here via two different routes, for apparently different reasons, met either in New Jersey or Detroit, and decided that Detroit was the place to be in those WW1 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Where did you get that notion? Not true....unless I'm totally misunderstanding what you're saying.

It would've been easier and more thorough to use Phillips head drivers...that might be part of the trouble with those Quebecois...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    It would've been easier and more thorough to use Phillips head drivers...that might be part of the trouble with those Quebecois...
    I have never, ever been so insulted in my entire life John. That was a "dickish" thing to write.

At the Grande Ballroom when the MC5 blew whatever "national" act off the stage!

44 years ago today Rob Tyner and the MC5 were featured on the cover of the Rolling Stone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

While Hoffa was "disappearing"

Oakland Sugar House on the corner of Oakland and Holbrook when it was ran by Sugar House gangsters Henry Shorr and Charles Leiter.

Too many choices.

Algiers Motel, July of '67.

Collingwood Manor, 1931.

Ford HQ, when Bennett was fired.

Gallows, where the library is now, when Stephen Simmons was hanged in 1830.

Too many choices, but definitely not on any wall of 1206 Woodward on 10/24/98.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3