Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

These are just the ones I've seen while photographing the city [[I like to photo street scenes and have been since I was 16 or 17.) There were other signals around McGraw as well. I'm SURE I will see more and keep you folks updated.

Here is a link to one of my photos - you'll find a lot of traffic/street stuff in my Flickr. I just started my account abut 2 months ago and have been slowly adding stuff from the last 13 years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84790408@N06/8343202847/

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Signal View Post
    Detroit has not implemented any actuated controllers - It would take millions in funding to install vehicle detection at various intersections. Dont worry, at the rate they're eliminating signals, you wont be waiting at any lights soon - just worrying about who's not gonna run the stop sign.....

Here are a few that are being eliminated soon:

Milwaukee/John R
    Milwaukee/Brush
    Milwaukee/Beaubien
    Baltimore/John R
    E Grand/Beaubien
    Clifford/Washington
    Porter/W Grand
    etc.....
    Yeah I can see at least one stop sign for each of those locations would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Just because traffic is less, does that mean that pedestrians do not deserve protection? Granted there is less pedestrian traffic in off hours, but it is there and there should never be cars racing though an area with a bunch of blind intersections. It does lead to more car crashes.

Nice name calling by the way. Just because you're inconvenienced a bit does not mean that traffic signals should still not be working.
    What pedestrians? I just wrote in that how there isn't a soul in sight while you pointlessly sit at a full timed red light. It's dumb.

I also didn't say NO traffic lights downtown during off hours. Flashing red would do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Do you mind posting the entire list of signals that will be eliminated?
    Not the entire list but these are the ones for Downtown and Midtown

These signs appeared all over Downtown and Midtown within the last month or so, hinting that various traffic lights might soon be removed. Traffic lights aren't exactly the sexiest topic of conversation, but they do hold sway over whether or not you end up stoping your car in a not-so-safe area after dark, or whether you're able to cross Detroit's extra-wide streets without fearing death by Chevrolet. As citizen-bloggers, we felt it our duty to place some probing calls and figure out the city's plan for these intersections. We spoke with Daniel Cook, Assistant Traffic Engineer at the city's Traffic Engineering Division, who let us in on the Detroit's master traffic light "optimization" plan for the Downtown and Midtown areas. And we put it all in a map, so check it out and see if your most hated light might soon meet its maker.
    The city hired professionals to study over 150 traffic lights and determine which needed adjustment, and which are so rarely traveled that they wouldn't be missed. The most unnecessary lights--all listed in this map--have been set to flash, where they'll remain for another six months or so while motorists get used to navigating those intersections without stoplights. After that, they're likely to come down. The lights will be replaced with stop signs.

In the meantime, if you absolutely love a certain stoplight and want it to remain, you can call the department number listed on the sign [[313-224-1610) and let 'em know. According to Cook, that's what happened at Cass and Alexandrine, where so many residents chimed in that the light will likely live on.
    As you probably guessed, the map's stop signs indicate what each intersection will become post-stoplight.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...c-map.php#more

Thank you for the information. lso good to know the engineering department is willing to take residents' concerns into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Signal View Post
    BTW, Anybody notice the new LED fixtures on 14th near Lasalle Gardens/Euclid??

Thanks for the tip. Yanno when you run all three colors at once they make great grow lights?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2