Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The Pointes in general are still 'get out of Dodge' territory relative to driving per speeding... I don't mean someone clocking 47 in a 35 zone. I mean when the sign says 35 you better not go 36 mph over! Or you WILL BE STOPPED!

You can always tell someone who is not familiar with their tight traffic speed enforcement, you see them pulled over all along Jefferson beyond Alter even a block or into Detroit by the GP Police. And of course anyone presenting with warrants, no car insurance, suspended license or other 'issues' will have a very bad day when stopped.
    My experience was a little different.... before Christmas 2011 I drove eastwards on Mack Ave.... and got pulled over by GPP police. It seemed that my one brake light was out. He gave me a ticket with instructions. I replaced the bulb the following week, drove down to the GPP police station, saw the officer who issued it in the parking lot as I got out of the car... he came up to me, checked my citation, checked my now working brake light... took the ticket and my one dollar bill, shook my hand wishing me a safe holiday, and walked the ticket into the police station himself... leaving me stunned at the unexpected cordiality that I was unaccustomed to...

^^^ Oh, I did say they would not be cordial... they are just very thorough [[driver best have their paperwork intact). And precise about any level of speeding, which is ok with me as I rarely speed while driving... lead-footers will find it challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Oh, I did say they would not be cordial... they are just very thorough [[driver best have their paperwork intact). And precise about any level of speeding, which is ok with me as I rarely speed while driving... lead-footers will find it challenging.
    No Zacha341... you were quite right... I was just unprepared for that type of treatment from ANY police department... They're usually much more business like and emotionally detached...

That's a good point. Yeah, I am usually treated very well when stopped by the police, which thankfully does not happen often.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    No Zacha341... you were quite right... I was just unprepared for that type of treatment from ANY police department... They're usually much more business like and emotionally detached...