Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

^^^ Great! Which is worse - getting 'rolled' by a thief up in your face or de' big ole greedy bankers? That illustration is a hoot! Let's just go back to money under mattress. I try to keep some of my money at a credit union too... what's a person to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

The fact that a Debit card doesn't always require a PIN when used in some circumstances... has probably blindsighted a lot of people, to the delight of a lot of crooks...
    Agreed. I get really bummed out when I use my card at a gas station and a PIN isn't required. That basically means anyone can use it there.

Probably around 10 years ago when we still lived on Bedford north of Warren, my wife used her ATM card to make a withdrawal at a drive-through ATM near our house. She drove away without taking the card, but quickly realized what had happened. There was a car immediately behind her at the ATM with a couple of men in it; she'd gotten a good look at the car and the men and was able to provide a decent description of them to DPD ...

Except ...

Nobody at DPD was interested in getting the information.

She quickly contacted the bank and had them cancel the card and issue her a new one. The bad guys had already used it to make a couple purchases, She contacted the bank and the affected retailers and offered to provide them the information about the car and the men.

Except ...

Neither the bank nor the retailers were interested in getting the information. The bank credited the misappropriated funds back to her account, and either the bank or the retailer wrote off the larceny as a cost of doing business.

Except ...

Nobody at DPD was interested in getting the information.

NO!!!

Neither the bank nor the retailers were interested in getting the information. The bank credited the misappropriated funds back to her account, and either the bank or the retailer wrote off the larceny as a cost of doing business.

That was my experience when my CC # was swiped years ago. They pinpointed it to where it was stolen, [[remember low tech?). I offered to file charges or a complaint, but they weren't interested. They just pass the savings along to you.

I was visiting NYC a few years ago, when the guy in front of me at the ATM hurried out of the booth without finishing his transaction, when I walked up the machine it read do you want another transaction, well I was low on cash and I pushed the NO button.

Been there done that. I drove up to an ATM machine and the card was still in it asking for to continue a transaction. I pressed no and out came the card and I walked into the bank and gave it to the bank manager who thanked me. BoA ejects your card once you initiate business with you pin card so there is less chance of left card. Good thinking. Some are not honest when they have access to a bank card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2