Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Suburban Schools are to any forms to terrorism called "Soft Targets" due to the lack of security. Urban city schools like Detroit are called "Hard Targets" due to more security and history of violent crime. Remember the Warrendale after school shooting of 2009. A rival gangs from Joy Rd. Clown Squads and Archdale St. cliques pull their guns and start shooting at innocent and hard core students from Cody-Ruddiman 9th Grade Academy. They were waiting for D-DOT bus from a corner gas station on W. Warren Ave. and Southfield FWY. fewer students were hurt. The news gained national attention and later. DPS closed Cody-Ruddiman 9th grade Academy for good.

As long as guns on the street during peacetime in America. Fear will come. But we Americans MUST NOT give in to fear no matter what the circumstance. As a Christian I only fight against Satan and his Angels not man. Let man beat me up and have me killed. God will fix them not me. I'll be safe in his kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Wow, the race card is everywhere isn't it?

I was wondering when it would be tossed into the fray on this thread.
    I should've not reacted to its tossing into the game. Sorry.

BitterAndCynical Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    ...As long as guns on the street during peacetime in America. Fear will come. But we Americans MUST NOT give in to fear no matter what the circumstance. As a Christian I only fight against Satan and his Angels not man. Let man beat me up and have me killed. God will fix them not me. I'll be safe in his kingdom.
    God will do nothing. Our fate is in our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    The irony of you, you of all people, calling someone else a racist is almost too much to bear. lol Decades of change have trained people like you in what shouldn't be said in polite company, so you drop cues and codes. Jackson and Sharpton have nothing to do with this conversation, yet you drop the name like subtle slurs. Stay klassy.
    Sorry if I misled you. The slur was not intended to be subtle; it was intended to be overt.

What have our Politicians done since the Columbine shootings that failed to stop the Sandy Hook shootings, and if they take no actions between now and the next school massacre won't they carry some responsibility for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    This is a neat trick. If you dare bring up the actual prejudice against people of color in the United States, you are prejudiced. Against what, I wonder, though? Nice try, Wes.
    Prejudiced towards finding prejudice, I suppose. I'm sorry I took that bait. I only wish we could keep our focus on eliminate real prejudice, and not so much on seeking it out in the minds of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Prejudiced towards finding prejudice, I suppose. I'm sorry I took that bait. I only wish we could keep our focus on eliminate real prejudice, and not so much on seeking it out in the minds of others.
    Where else is prejudice but in the minds of people?

Y'all don't get that bickering over "God" and the numerous variations are responsible for nearly every armed conflict in human history?

Keep the fantasy figures in your imagination and out of public schools.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Y'all don't get that bickering over "God" and the numerous variations are responsible for nearly every armed conflict in human history?

Keep the fantasy figures in your imagination and out of public schools.
    I'm not a religious man, but you can't make that argument. Stalin and Mao are responsible more deaths than any other humans in history and they were both avowed atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    I'm not a religious man, but you can't make that argument. Stalin and Mao are responsible more deaths than any other humans in history and they were both avowed atheists.
    Ummm, you're kind of changing the point. His point stands. And it's a solid one. When you look at the sheer amount of bloodshed in the name of God, you begin to understand that religion isn't all magic ghosts and baby Jesuses.

And why latch onto the atheism of Stalin and Mao unless you're attempting to undergird your argument with the implication that religion is blood-free? Isn't it enough to say that they were both Communist maniacs?

JVB, you're a piece of work. "I'm not a religious man" indeed!

Where else is prejudice but in the minds of people?
    It manifests via action. That's all that matters. Mind police are best left to the movies and countries with hate laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    It manifests via action. That's all that matters. Mind police are best left to the movies and countries with hate laws.
    Nobody's mind policing you, dog. You're the one who kept on bringing up my "racism."

Man, you must have the memory of a goldfish...

JVB Guest

Ummm, you're kind of changing the point. His point stands. And it's a solid one. When you look at the sheer amount of bloodshed in the name of God, you begin to understand that religion isn't all magic ghosts and baby Jesuses.

And why latch onto the atheism of Stalin and Mao unless you're attempting to undergird your argument with the implication that religion is blood-free? Isn't it enough to say that they were both Communist maniacs?

JVB, you're a piece of work. "I'm not a religious man" indeed!
    I'm not changing the point, I simply stated a fact. Stalin and Mao were the 2 most brutal humans in history [[in terms of body count at least) yet they were both atheists. There has also been untold amounts of blood shed in the name of Islam, Christianity, Judaism and other religions as well. Neither religious, nor non-religious have a claim on the title of most brutal, that's the only point I'm making. If you're reading something else into it then I can't help you.

Nobody's mind policing you, dog. You're the one who kept on bringing up my "racism."

Man, you must have the memory of a goldfish...
    Not targeted to you, me, or anyone. Just a pearl of wisdom from a goldfish!

serpico Guest

The Europeans saw this coming minutes before... and banned the drug that the shooter was on [[Fanapt/ Iloperidone)...
    http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...e-rejects.html
    [[look at the date and time of this publication)

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    If you dig deeper, you'll find that a large part of their actions were to oppress religion, so it's still a factor.

But Dictators thinning their own populations is not really what I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post

This is a non-starter. God is allowed in churches is he not? How do you explain the molestation of children by clergy? Presumably, God was there and witnessed it, did he not?

I'm sure the biggest perpetrators of our current gun violence are Hollywood; TV "News" and "Entertainment" and Computer Games. The first two are definitely run by Liberals; the other I don't know but would guess it is also because it's "entertainment" and doesn't produce anything of value. They all glorify the glamorous and easy way of killing people. As soon as someone is killed they just fade to another scene and leave the mess, misery and aftermath to unknown people to clear up. They promote the idea that the more you kill the more successful you are and that once you embark on the rampage special effects rush in to assist you to become impregnable. One can image that teenage skulls filled by liberal "professors" readily become walking time bombs to these hallucinations, or if we are lucky they join some degenerate movement like "Occupy" to work out their mental problems. Guns don't cause the problem; they are the weapon of choice but nevertheless NO GUNS is better than any guns. Perhaps a good start would be an immediate complete ban on ALL GUNS in Movies; on TV or in Computer Games. If you can't make the movie without a gun it don't get made; then review the effects after 20 years.
    Last edited by coracle; December-19-12 at 11:44 AM.

As a matter of taste, can we refrain from using t-shirts as citations, particularly ones paired with lavender dolphin hats? Let's bar citing anything from Gibralter Trade Center [[yes, both of them) while we're at it.

If that kid was so religious I question why he didn't capitalize the "You".

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I'm sure the biggest perpetrators of our current gun violence are Hollywood; TV "News" and "Entertainment" and Computer Games. The first two are definitely run by Liberals; the other I don't know but would guess it is also because it's "entertainment" and doesn't produce anything of value. They all glorify the glamorous and easy way of killing people. As soon as someone is killed they just fade to another scene and leave the mess, misery and aftermath to unknown people to clear up. They promote the idea that the more you kill the more successful you are and that once you embark on the rampage special effects rush in to assist you to become impregnable. One can image that teenage skulls filled by liberal "professors" readily become walking time bombs to these hallucinations, or if we are lucky they join some degenerate movement like "Occupy" to work out their mental problems. Guns don't cause the problem; they are the weapon of choice but nevertheless NO GUNS is better than any guns. Perhaps a good start would be an immediate complete ban on ALL GUNS in Movies; on TV or in Computer Games. If you can't make the movie without a gun it don't get made; then review the effects after 20 years.
    I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the continent of Africa. There is plenty of gun violence there, and I'm pretty sure they're not hanging around watching the latest Hollywood shoot-em-up.
    Last edited by Islandman; December-20-12 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Geography mishap.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the country of Africa....
    Funniest thing I've read all day! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the country of Africa.
    Actually, no, I'm not.

Can you point out that COUNTRY on a map?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Funniest thing I've read all day! LOL!
    Your comment doesn't count. Go Occupy yourself with Tomas Hardonn and GoWest YM.
    Last edited by coracle; December-20-12 at 06:14 AM.

The reason why the Sandy Hook shooting was so disturbing is that the intentional Targets were innocents little children. In Detroit, the intentional target is usually an adult but a child or children had gotten caught in the crossfire by the gang who could not shoot straight or the idiots who usually shoot inside the homes hoping to hit their targets but had hit children instead. I am not going to say "Killings happen in Detroit all of the time and Sandy Hook is just one incident". Sandy Hook was a travesty due to the manner of the killings. I hate that a comparison was made. Detroit had never had a massacre on this scale involving little children

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast