Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default "Watch out for #000000s, they will rob you." GPF mugging reaction

Very classy.

Ballsy enough to be racist, not ballsy enough to go all the way out.

JVB Guest

I agree with you, I prefer racists to come right out and say how they feel like Jamie Foxx did on SNL. That way we don't have to wonder what they mean, using hex code like this is just goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    I agree with you, I prefer racists to come right out and say how they feel like Jamie Foxx did on SNL. That way we don't have to wonder what they mean, using hex code like this is just goofy.

Funny... I just finished working on a movie in Montreal where Jamie Foxx played... the President!

Anyways, yeah this GPP mentality is pretty weird. That walled-off theme is just the other side of the ghetto mentality that they claim to abhorr. This is the same old- same old that entrenches the status quo for years to come. I doubt the metropolitan area can get some consensual thing going if this is the reaction you can poll on twitter by a sizable margin.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Anyways, yeah this GPP mentality is pretty weird. That walled-off theme is just the other side of the ghetto mentality that they claim to abhorr. This is the same old- same old that entrenches the status quo for years to come. I doubt the metropolitan area can get some consensual thing going if this is the reaction you can poll on twitter by a sizable margin.
    Yeah they're pretty racist alright. Just because someone takes your I-Pod @ gunpoint because you want to go for an evening jog, or a 250 pd. guy knocks down your 14 year old and steals her I-Phone, or a nun gets accosted @ gunpoint for "her money", or a guy attempts to sufficate you while you're taking your garbage out and his partner enters your home and demands your 70 year old wife "get down on the floor", or someone kicks the front door in on your T-Mobile store, or they find their car windows broken out and car ransacked, or their homes. Just because these kind of things repeatedly keep happening in their pristeen neighborhoods, that they work hard for to keep up, these stupid rich white elitist people develop an attitude towards the poor folk North of Mack. Who cares if they give their time to work in soup kitchens and other organizations in Detroit, or donate money to homeless shelters, or COTS, or raise money to put a new roof on a building on Belle Isle. The people that post here know these "Pointers" for who they are alright. They're just rich, snooty, unwarranted racists. I hope a bird poops on their freshly washed car.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Yeah they're pretty racist alright. Just because someone takes your I-Pod @ gunpoint because you want to go for an evening jog, or a 250 pd. guy knocks down your 14 year old and steals her I-Phone, or a nun gets accosted @ gunpoint for "her money", or a guy attempts to sufficate you while you're taking your garbage out and his partner enters your home and demands your 70 year old wife "get down on the floor", or someone kicks the front door in on your T-Mobile store, or they find their car windows broken out and car ransacked, or their homes. Just because these kind of things repeatedly keep happening in their pristeen neighborhoods, that they work hard for to keep up, these stupid rich white elitist people develop an attitude towards the poor folk North of Mack. Who cares if they give their time to work in soup kitchens and other organizations in Detroit, or donate money to homeless shelters, or COTS, or raise money to put a new roof on a building on Belle Isle. The people that post here know these "Pointers" for who they are alright. They're just rich, snooty, unwarranted racists. I hope a bird poops on their freshly washed car.

Don't give up, just build a wall around the place and get more police to scan the golden mile day and night, keep anything darker than a paper lampshade at bay; that should take care of it, fix that problem...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Don't give up, just build a wall around the place and get more police to scan the golden mile day and night, keep anything darker than a paper lampshade at bay; that should take care of it, fix that problem...
    What?? Canuck anytime you want a real tour and actually get to see for yourself what really is going on here as opposed to your "perceived" ideas of what GP is I would be more than willing to give a very different view of the area you know so little about.

Talk about your codespeak.

The "000000" is the technical RBG [[Red Blue Green) color code for "black." According to the article it does appear to be used in a cryptoracist way although the RBG color code scheme itself has absolutely nothing to do with race.

The BB code for black here would be "[color=#000000]Lorem Ipsum[/color]" [[where "Lorem Ipsum" is just arbitrary text for illustration purposes). It appears as Lorem Ipsum.

White would be "[color=#FFFFFF]Lorem Ipsum[/color]". It [[dis)appears as Lorem Ipsum. [[Select it with your mouse to see that it is actually there.)

Gray would be "[color=#808080]Lorem Ipsum[/color]". It appears as Lorem Ipsum.

16,777,216 unique colors can be defined with this RGB color code.

They're fun to play with!

Meanwhile in Connecticut...

I don't think any of us can talk about anybody being more or less violent.

I can't believe people would post these statements, especially with their names attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Very classy.

Ballsy enough to be racist, not ballsy enough to go all the way out.
    No offense, brizee, but I can't remember the last time I read a stockbroker robbed a CEO @ gunpoint for his Blackberry. These kind of stories are appearing more frequently in that neighborhood. If you want peoples perception of someone to change, perhaps the community ought to work on some of it's more problematic members? Just sayin'....

No offense, brizee, but I can't remember the last time I read a stockbroker robbed a CEO @ gunpoint for his Blackberry. These kind of stories are appearing more frequently in that neighborhood. If you want peoples perception of someone to change, perhaps the community ought to work on some of it's more problematic members? Just sayin'....
    Silly Honky, when stockbrokers rob CEOs, it rarely makes the papers. Heck, when the bankers robbed the f'in' WORLD, it almost didn't get reported...and may not have if they didn't demand public bailouts. How much did we actually learn about Bernie Madoff's idiocy? [[then again, tonnage of folk were embarassed to hell they got involved with the guy)

That said, crime is on the increase in Grosse Pointe Park, too. The cops are being very visibly more active these past few days. We learned of a few businesses near the old hardware store which've been broken into recently.

No cheers on that.

What the hell does a stockbroker robbing a CEO have to do with someone saying "watch out for blacks"???

White america has never thought much of us.

I don't commit any crimes against anyone.

I'll be damned if I'm made to be a flag bearer for 30 millions Americans.

I don't go around saying "Watch out for CACS. They're fake two-faced racists who'll only speak what they really feel about you when your back is turned".

Do women have stop dressing like smuts for men to stop being misogynists?

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    White america has never thought much of us.

I don't commit any crimes against anyone.

I'll be damned if I'm made to be a flag bearer for 30 millions Americans.

I don't go around saying "Watch out for CACS. They're fake two-faced racists who'll only speak what they really feel about you when your back is turned".

Do women have stop dressing like smuts for men to stop being misogynists?

Agreed!
    And I would add that its no different than those who would ask people they perceive as being Gay to not "act so Gay" in public.

Well, when's the last time you read about a well-off GPer hiring a guy to kill his wife and another guy to kill the guy who killed his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by mam2009 View Post
    Well, when's the last time you read about a well-off GPer hiring a guy to kill his wife and another guy to kill the guy who killed his wife?
    Your right. I do believe I've read about it once. When's the last time you read about a poor Detroiter shooting his wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/neighbor/stranger/small child/crowd of people? But this string is about robbery. When's the last time you read about one of those "well-off GPer's" robbing a Detroiter out for a walk @ gunpoint?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-16-12 at 07:59 AM.

Your right. I do believe I've read about it once. When's the last time you read about a poor Detroiter shooting his wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/neighbor/stranger/crowd of people?
    So now that we've identified black are the problem, what do we do about eliminating the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    So now that we've identified black are the problem, what do we do about eliminating the problem?
    I don't know anymore CP. In my opinion, this requires an attitude change about the way people deal with their life situation and others around them. As long as someone feels they're justified in taking what they want, or settling the score @ gunpoint, it's going to go on, and even escalate. That was my original point to brizee. Maybe it didn't come off right.

Your right. I do believe I've read about it once. When's the last time you read about a poor Detroiter shooting his wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/neighbor/stranger/small child/crowd of people? But this string is about robbery. When's the last time you read about one of those "well-off GPer's" robbing a Detroiter out for a walk @ gunpoint?
    Was it a Detroiter who robbed this person at gunpoint? The middle of Grosse Pointe Farms seems an odd place for a Detroiter to choose to rob a random person.

Quote Originally Posted by mam2009 View Post
    Was it a Detroiter who robbed this person at gunpoint? The middle of Grosse Pointe Farms seems an odd place for a Detroiter to choose to rob a random person.
    You could be right. It could've been a broke commodities trader that was desperate to get his "buying" fix.

I find the ignorance of the general public disgusting and offensive. it's the same old song and dance over and over.

And I mean the ignorance on both sides.

- Calling out the race and needless inflaming already existing hostility and resentment is destructive and stupid.

- HonkyTonk has a point. If out of 1,000 incidents of violent muggings at gunpoint, 990 of them were wearing Green Bay Packers jerseys, then it's totally reasonable to resent and fear Green Bay fans.

We need to level up and find less hurtful and more constructive ways to talk about violence and race, otherwise we'll never get anywhere.

It is ALL the result of income inequality. seriously. there is a nearly 1-1 correlation between the level of income inequality and crime. The wider the divide, the higher the crime and violence rate. Also the higher the rate of chronic disease, etc...

seriously, read the Spirit Level

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    It is ALL the result of income inequality. seriously. there is a nearly 1-1 correlation between the level of income inequality and crime. The wider the divide, the higher the crime and violence rate. Also the higher the rate of chronic disease, etc...

This is a massive oversimplification. US violent crime rates have been dropping rapidly since the 70s. Guess what has been rising rapidly in the same period: US income inequality. I'm not saying inequality isn't part of the story, but it is just one part.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    This is a massive oversimplification. US violent crime rates have been dropping rapidly since the 70s. Guess what has been rising rapidly in the same period: US income inequality. I'm not saying inequality isn't part of the story, but it is just one part.

I'm reminded of the thread here where many justified the stealing from cars of the people visiting the Packaed plant.

The crime is the result of someone being there, or of income inequality, but never the fault of a theif out violating the rights of others.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

Amen to that. You think it's bad now.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast