Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Google Maps has just posted new HD 2011 Street View images in downtown Detroit!

Well, Google Maps has recently been improving how we have been virtually visiting Detroit. We had the east side, the near west side and several suburbs added to the 45-degree view in late September, then we had building shapes added all over the metro area and now they have added new HD Street View images from last year to downtown Detroit and from this year to all of Essex County across the river!

However, the 2011 images aren't just confined to downtown, as they also extend out on Fort Street and I-75 as far as Military Street [[two blocks east of Livernois), in Lafayette Park, in Mexicantown, West Grand Boulevard from the river to just past Vernor Highway, West Jefferson Avenue up to Fort Wayne, Clark Street between Fort and Jefferson, Woodward Avenue a block into Brush Park from I-75, a couple of streets near the River Rouge steel plant and some streets in Ecorse. And for some reason the Google car even drove into the Rosa Parks Transit Center!

This could be the start of an update to the images in the rest of the region, since currently the newest Street View images in Metro Detroit [[outside of Essex County and downtown) are from 2009 and earlier! Below, I have posted a few screenshots of the new images [[sorry if I stretched the page).

1. Here's one last view of the Brewster-Douglas Projects [[you know, where Dianna Ross lived before joining the Supremes) from the Gratiot overpass over I-375 before they disappear from Google's servers.
    2. The images are so new, they show the urban garden on the Lafayette Building site...
    3. ...and the new LED lights on the Renaissance Center.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by mtburb; November-27-12 at 08:45 PM.