Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: "Frank Rizzo"

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Well, yeah, me too, so I'm not even barking.

There's a good new book about the justice system and the way it locks up a disproportionate number of black people. Check it out. It's called "The New Jim Crow, Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness" by Michelle Alexander.
    The real irony is that the one candidate that ran on ending the drug war [[Ron Paul), was branded as a racist by the left.

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    The real irony is that the one candidate that ran on ending the drug war [[Ron Paul), was branded as a racist by the left.
    I consider myself independent, and agree on a fair amount of left positions, but agreed with Paul.

The real irony is that some left-wingers' attempts to smear Paul have some Paul supporters branding the lot of left-wingers.

Seems to me parties are there to keep us all supporting bad laws and stupid issues and "lesser-evilism."

Anyway, have a good weekend.

JVB Guest

Seems to me parties are there to keep us all supporting bad laws and stupid issues and "lesser-evilism."

Anyway, have a good weekend.
    Holy shit - common ground! You enjoy your weekend too.

Frankly I find both "Soul Brothers" and "Frank Rizzos" [[if we're going to use those names to describe people) distasteful and don't want to live around either one. I have very little use for shitbags of any color. I think, though, that this whole thing is based on an overestimation of how much time people really spend worrying about what other racial or ethnic groups are doing. I really don't think even the hardest core Rizzos of the world spend every waking moment worrying about blacks. The Rizzos who I've come in contact with [[I'm even friends with a couple of guys who could fall into that category) spend a lot more time worrying about their hockey games, their kids, and their lawns. Will there be the occasional casual use of the n-word? You'd better believe it. And it usually goes something like this- "I would've been here sooner but I got caught in line behind some fucking n*gger arguing with the cashier". And this is exactly the type of thing that I don't want my child to be exposed to which is why Livonia isn't on my house-shopping list. But the Rizzos aren't the problem anymore. Those people aren't ever going to move back to the city. But dismissing legitimate concerns like property values, good schools, and crime as mere "code words" is to completely ignore Detroit's problem!! These are HUGE FUCKING PROBLEMS and are deal-breakers for many people, like myself, who would LOVE to live in the city. I mean, seriously, how many people here would feel good about sending their child to a public school in Detroit? I haven't written the idea off completely and am still looking in EEV but when I have to factor the cost of private school and high-risk insurance premiums into the equation...
    Last edited by scottn55; December-01-12 at 02:39 PM.

GUSHI Guest

In the 80 and 90s I went to catholic schools in Detroit, that were more black than white, fyi

GUSHI Guest

The problem is if a black person commits a crime against another black person or white person it's looked at no big deal, but if a white person commits a crime against a black person it's racist, the person is a racist,

Yeah, um, I challenge you to find where I said that you are racist if you are living in the suburbs.
    You have made it very clear that anyone who is living in the suburbs because they want good schools, low crime, and stable property values, is speaking in the same code as Frank Rizzo. So if you are in the suburbs because you enjoy gardening, you might be OK to DNerd, but if you are seeking better schools, lower crime, or stable properties, we ALL know why you are REALLY in the suburbs. You have made that patently clear.
    Last edited by prokopowicz; December-01-12 at 09:44 PM.

Willi Guest

Rizzo and the suburbs

http://www.schwartzlawfirmpc.com/Med...axpayers.shtml

It's pretty damn real to anyone involved with hauling garbage to a dump site

http://archive.freep.com/article/201...zzo%20landfill

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    Rizzo and the suburbs

http://www.schwartzlawfirmpc.com/Med...axpayers.shtml

It's pretty damn real to anyone involved with hauling garbage to a dump site

http://archive.freep.com/article/201...zzo%20landfill

Willi, While it's great to see a post exposing the questionable dealings of the actual Metro Detroit based "Rizzo", this thread is not the appropriate place for it.

Willi Guest

It would seem someone is using code to call out actual issues and problems

http://www.rizzoservices.com

It seems almost toooo perfect

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/mobile/...drops-plan-for

Sludge from the suburbs hauled to Detroit
    ---- By Rizzo
    Last edited by Willi; December-20-14 at 02:30 PM.

Willi, thanks for posting the links. I concur that the topic merits a new thread.
    Although the links are informative, they are not exhaustively informative. For
    example, why was there a "breach of contract" suit filed against the City of Warren
    in 2005? If there was a seven year contract starting in 2001, the terms and
    conditions of that contract [[whatever they were) should have been in force in

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    ...I concur that the topic merits a new thread...
    My vote is for a new thread... Maybe Lowell could split these last few posts off?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12