Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

JVB Guest

Wait, so people are surprised that crime downtown/midtown/corktown is lower than in the neighborhoods? I guess I just assumed everyone knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    Wait, so people are surprised that crime downtown/midtown/corktown is lower than in the neighborhoods? I guess I just assumed everyone knew that.
    Everyone in Detroit...maybe. There are still millions in the suburbs who don't know it or believe it. And since that's where most of my friends are coming from, I want to hear what it's like for people who came from the burbs and ventured in to live in the city.

AGinthe...I'm sorry to hear about the tire thieves...that's the kind of petty BS that still has me a little on edge. I encourage secured parking for anyone moving into the city, though I know it's not always available.

And JVB, I think there are a lot of people in the city who don't realize it either. Frankly, having grown up in EEV and being an eastsider my whole life, I didn't even know that Corktown existed or who lived here. Even now I'm learning about all of these distinct neighborhoods and the personalities that come along with them, like Woodbridge, Brush Park, Warrendale, West Village, Rosedale Park, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post

AGinthe...I'm sorry to hear about the tire thieves...that's the kind of petty BS that still has me a little on edge. I encourage secured parking for anyone moving into the city, though I know it's not always available.
    Agree - I now park in the Opera House VIP, which is VERY secure.