Okay, I have a few concerns and questions. When commercial and residential development happens in this city most plans don't include landscaping and/or exterior lighting [[Tree-lined, bushes, grass, street light-post, building exterior lighting, awnings, trash cans, bike racks..etc), why it's not required, is it a zoning regulation?

I believe good aesthetic sets a standard and visually appealing for future patrons and residents. I'm all for new development but I'm getting sick of getting under-handed when it comes to "Aesthetic's". I will not visit a place or person if it's "visually" not welcoming, if it's dark, trash everywhere, and no type of landscaping I tend to keep moving. So with that being said, I think we should all know how important aesthetic in a urban environment and why we should enforce it.

Ugly examples: I walked along Cass ave at night, it's dark due to "one" street light post on each block. It should have atleast four light post, actually that "one" doesn't even work. No trash cans on Cass at all, up and down etc..These things can go a long way...we need to function as a real city.