Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I was curious which party she was affiliated with because all the news reports I heard on WDET and WUOM didn't say. A little googling reveals her to be a Democrat. Should have known. Not because a Republican wouldn't pull that type of scammy stuff [[corruption isn't the province of just one party) but because if it were a Republican justice like Markman, the party affiliation would be front and center on public radio news.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    I was curious which party she was affiliated with because all the news reports I heard on WDET and WUOM didn't say. A little googling reveals her to be a Democrat. Should have known. Not because a Republican wouldn't pull that type of scammy stuff [[corruption isn't the province of just one party) but because if it were a Republican justice like Markman, the party affiliation would be front and center on public radio news.
    All you would need to know about her party affiliation was to know what county in which she served as judge. I took it as total common knowledge that she was a democrat.

and p.s. every article I've seen... reads thusly
    Hathaway, a Democratic Party-nominated justice,
    and they just did the Headlines on Wdet, and noted her party affiliation...repeatedly.
    Last edited by bailey; November-21-12 at 01:04 PM.

"and they just did the Headlines on Wdet, and noted her party affiliation...repeatedly."

Maybe he listens to a diffrent WDET?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "and they just did the Headlines on Wdet, and noted her party affiliation...repeatedly."

Maybe he listens to a diffrent WDET?
    Based on the way he phrased his post, I would think he has some preconceived notions about Public Radio in general. You know, more of that tired liberal media BS

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    Based on the way he phrased his post, I would think he has some preconceived notions about Public Radio in general. You know, more of that tired liberal media BS
    Well, I have my radio/computer tuned to one of our local public radio stations for 3-6 hours per day, and have for at least a decade. The extent to which I believe there is a lack of ideological diversity in public radio is informed by direct observation and knowledge of the hosts, anchors and guests. You may disagree with my opinion, but it is an opinion based on experience.

I'm happy to hear they identified the judge's party affiliation. I can assure you they were not doing so initially. I've been out of town for the holiday, dare I hope that an email I sent had some effect?

Well, I have my radio/computer tuned to one of our local public radio stations for 3-6 hours per day, and have for at least a decade. The extent to which I believe there is a lack of ideological diversity in public radio is informed by direct observation and knowledge of the hosts, anchors and guests. You may disagree with my opinion, but it is an opinion based on experience.

I'm happy to hear they identified the judge's party affiliation. I can assure you they were not doing so initially. I've been out of town for the holiday, dare I hope that an email I sent had some effect?
    Sounds like the "Red Eye" radio network. Those guys are a freakin trip.

The piece I heard this morning on WUOM made it quite clear that she is a Democrat.

Is this the woman who "moved" to GP Farms, just so she would be eligible for election in Wayne County, while keeping her primary residence in Birmingham?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Is this the woman who "moved" to GP Farms, just so she would be eligible for election in Wayne County, while keeping her primary residence in Birmingham?
    No Bham, Diane is a former Wayne County judge. I think that you are referring to the latest Hathaway, i.e., Dana, to be elected to the Wayne County bench. I think that there are now five people named Hathaway on circuit court there. And yes, the latest Hathaway is in real estate trouble as well due to her attempt to avoid taxes by claiming the homestead exemption on multiple homes.