Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
I was downtown at the tree lighting yesterday and was VERY impressed .

I was with several clients/friends and their families yesterday after work.
It was simply wonderful ! One of my clients, her fiancee[[both now live in Midtown) her mom and dad came down , they hadn't been downtown in YEARS

Her mom worked at Hudson's in the 50' and 60's and said she remembers when downtown was like this year round !
They were both very impressed and planned on going to the Eastern market today.
We started at Moosejaw and walked to the Christmas wonderfest @Cadillac Square . we missed the tree lighting ,but didn't care ;-)
This is what Detroit is capable of . This is what people are talking about when they say "they see the potential in Detroit ".
Detroit really showed up and showed out last night !
I haven't seen the city look this good since the super bowl .
In the short amount of time they had to put this together they did a amazing job !
Last night downtown Detroit showed it could/can be just as attractive as Chicago, NYC , or Boston.
If you have any thoughts or questions about what Detroit was like or can be check out the area around campus martius and up to Grand Circus Park , you can see and feel the energy.
I see really great things happening and even more great things to come in and around downtown Detroit.
Now if we can just spread the "magic" to the rest of the city !
Enjoy , support and take pride in your city !
Enjoy Detroit !
I feel that every retail district should have pop up shops in their empty storefronts. I see that the Village had already adapted the pop up concept. It would had been nice if Illitch has completed the United Artist building. The retail that would had been on the main floor of that building would had created the walkability from Campus Martius to Grand Circus Park. I would love to see the Avenue of Fashion have pop up shops on it's strip. I would love to see in the future shuttle busses that would take shoppers from downtown to other shopping areas such as the avenue of fashion, Jefferson Village, Cass Corridor, and the Cultural Center. I would buy an old school bus, renovate it, and use it for that purpose if I had the money, time, and patience to do it.