Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tigers vs Pirates World Series 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Tigers vs Pirates World Series 2013.
    I wouldn't mind seeing this. Same time zone & similar ball parks. Quite relieved that the Tigers clinched last night.

Tigers aren't going anywhere with that bullpen. If the starters can't pitch 8 innings, I don't like their chances in the playoffs. It's a shame they wasted that great pitching performance from Sanchez tonight, by walking 6 men after he left, and Benoit blows the save. The bullpen will be Detroit's downfall unless they miraculously find a cure before they go to Oakland.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-29-13 at 12:49 AM.

Tigers limping into the playoffs, getting no-hit by a rookie pitcher, swept by one of the worst teams in baseball, and the bullpen blows another game. And they finish 1 game ahead of Cleveland in the division, not looking good.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-29-13 at 05:34 PM.

I was at the last two games of the season. They played with absolutely no sense of purpose, like they were just trying to get them over with. The starting pitching is there, JV looked like his better days, and Porcello in the bullpen might be a good move, but there is NO hitting! I'm pissed for the money I spent to see a supposed World Series contender all but forfeit.

Props to Henderson Alvarez who is a very good pitcher anyway, but resting all of our big guns [[like they need five days of rest instead of 4?) practically GAVE the no-hitter to the kid.

I'll say this much, Marlins Park is incredible. Too bad the team ownership blows.

From what I saw the last couple of games, Oakland in FOUR! Thanks, Tigers!

The low level hum coming from the Tiger's line-up is bothering me. Been some great pitching so far and Sanchez got bested today. Leyland threw Porcello in the pen as if he was going to come in. He didn't' and there was no cause to bring him in, in my opinion. Oddly, really, is that the Tig's led the AL in batting average with men on base, .285 I think. Is that really true?

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post
    The low level hum coming from the Tiger's line-up is bothering me. Been some great pitching so far and Sanchez got bested today. Leyland threw Porcello in the pen as if he was going to come in. He didn't' and there was no cause to bring him in, in my opinion. Oddly, really, is that the Tig's led the AL in batting average with men on base, .285 I think. Is that really true?
    They led the league in batting avg. with men on base but on this team it's a really deceptive stat. They hit singles and even when they drive it to the wall they aren't capable of scoring or getting a double. They can't continue to hit the 3 turtles 3-4-5 next yr.

Now we know why Verlander and Cabrera get the big bucks.

Quality wins in the end.

On to the to Bosox for an old school playoff.

Speaking of the Bosox what is the deal with all the scruffy beards? You'd think they were hockey players.

I'm not against beards or facial hair but their beards are so nasty looking I would probably hand them a buck if one of them was sitting on a park bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Now we know why Verlander and Cabrera get the big bucks.

Quality wins in the end.

On to the to Bosox for an old school playoff.

Speaking of the Bosox what is the deal with all the scruffy beards? You'd think they were hockey players.

I'm not against beards or facial hair but their beards are so nasty looking I would probably hand them a buck if one of them was sitting on a park bench.
    They grew the beards for team unity I've been told. And it looks like it worked. After they're horrendous season last year with Bobby Valentine as manager when they won only 69 games, they finished tied with St Louis for the best record in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    They grew the beards for team unity I've been told. And it looks like it worked. After they're horrendous season last year with Bobby Valentine as manager when they won only 69 games, they finished tied with St Louis for the best record in the majors.
    It strikes me as more of a "throwback" look, like baseball players in the early 20th century. Now if we can only get the Boston players to use the same equipment those players used, we'd be sitting pretty.
    We are going to have to hit a heck of a lot better if we want to get past the Red Hose. Should be fun to watch. Fenway reminds me of Tiger Stadium. I believe they opened the same year.

Hear the marching, hear the drums, suppose we need a closer, and Benoit doesn't come.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3