Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
I took a look at his sponsors. Besides the usual clueless foundations there is one gigantic sponsor of the arts in Detroit not listed! I wonder why that is??
You, Mr./Ms. "Simular" appear to believe art must be sanctioned by some super band of elites to be considered "art." If that's the case, then your head may be farther up your stinky opinion than I first thought. Doing a drive-by on Guyton and/or Chaz Miller at Artist Village up in Old Redford serves what purpose? Both artists are very much engaged in their communities and have worked very hard to reach out to young Detroiters with their projects.
Maybe you don't like to be reminded of the blight that disinvestment and mobility brought to town. Or maybe it is uncomfortable to own your part in sustaining our luxury-item throw-away society [[Both artists speak to these issues).
Hustling the accumulated shiny things of rich folks at DuMouchelle apparently has made you a great arbiter of taste. Tell us about the positive and life affirming contributions you have made in Detroit and how you choose to engage the young people who are here. Your trash talk serves whom?