Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What's the going rate on a contract like that?!

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    I, and my dogs, love to hunt and kill flies and various other bugs. I was playing devil's advocate.
    Will you come to my apartment and take care of the disgusting earwigs?

I love fireflys,blinky bugs, lightnin bugs, But them damn earwigs, hated them since I poured a bowl of cereal and there were about 10 earwigs in there.Gotta get the non-organic stuff out for those.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    I love fireflys,blinky bugs, lightnin bugs, But them damn earwigs, hated them since I poured a bowl of cereal and there were about 10 earwigs in there.Gotta get the non-organic stuff out for those.
    That probably blew your appetite right there!
    I step on those li'l [[insert expletive) every chance I get! I don't mess with spiders too much because they're useful in helping to get rid of other pests. Not that I want my house draped in cobwebs or them having free reign mind you but they serve a purpose.
    With the oppressive heat we're having down here, waterbugs are starting to make their appearance...I wasted no time spraying insecticide or pouring boric acid into every nook & cranny I could find around the garage/patio/porch areas. Those bastards may survive a nuclear attack but I'll annihilate as many as I can until then.
    Kill 'em all & let God sort 'em out! Ooh Rah!
    Last edited by MoparDan; June-30-09 at 01:17 PM.

I DID have a decidedly more aggressive attitude towards the 'Palmetto Bugs' when I lived in Florida.

Ahem.

Turned me into Dr. Mengele of the South. I finally decided they could have Central Florida. Much later, I found inner peace.

You can be one with all things, as long as they aren't trying to fit you into their food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    I'm going out of town this weekend and plan to "Raid" my whole apartment on my way out! If anything survives the weekend, I don't know what I'll do. I have stuff for them in the garden, but I'm stumped as far as indoors goes. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    As a kid, my uncle showed me how to remove their butts and put them on your finger to wear like a ring. They stayed lit for a while.
    This is so funny, and profound as well.

ccbatson Guest

Earwigs? My dogs will hunt them [[any little bug will do for them), I am not too fond of them.

Gnome....I will tell Nick and Liz that "blinky bugs" works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I DID have a decidedly more aggressive attitude towards the 'Palmetto Bugs' when I lived in Florida.

Ahem.

Turned me into Dr. Mengele of the South. I finally decided they could have Central Florida. Much later, I found inner peace.

You can be one with all things, as long as they aren't trying to fit you into their food chain.
    I'm wondering if you're referring to what we call "roly polies" or "pill bugs" down here.

I figure as long as I stay on land, I'll be at the top of the food chain provided I'm armed if I run into any wild carnivores; otherwise it could get ugly really quickly. When you step into the ocean though, you just became a link!

Palmetto is the euphemism used in Florida to describe what the rest of the world calls big-ass local ROACHES! I'm sure there is some minor entomological difference, but to the uninformed...those large creepy crawlers are actually in charge throughout Central Florida. That's who comes to collect the taxes...fellow I knew said he starred in some Kafka novella...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Palmetto is the euphemism used in Florida to describe what the rest of the world calls big-ass local ROACHES! I'm sure there is some minor entomological difference, but to the uninformed...those large creepy crawlers are actually in charge throughout Central Florida. That's who comes to collect the taxes...fellow I knew said he starred in some Kafka novella...
    Ok, that's probably what we call "waterbugs" down here...big, ugly & worst of all, they can FLY! A can of Raid is no use unless they're on the ground & you're better off stomping them at that point.. Otherwise your best weapon is wasp spray so you can hit them at a distance, esp if they're on a wall or the ceiling. Pouring boric acid around nooks & crannies where they're likely to crawl through will help put a halt to their advance.
    Ah yes, Kafka's Metamorphosis.

ccbatson Guest

Nasty bugs, pests, only radical PETA members can resist the desire to get rid of them when they are near.

I had to dig this thread up...last night we were sitting on the back porch with our 8 year old grandson. The "blinky bugs" were starting up. So we were making a game of counting them. Our grandson counted one that we didn't see and when I called him on it...he says "well, grandma, that guy didn't have his light on!"

Kids are so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    I had to dig this thread up...last night we were sitting on the back porch with our 8 year old grandson. The "blinky bugs" were starting up. So we were making a game of counting them. Our grandson counted one that we didn't see and when I called him on it...he says "well, grandma, that guy didn't have his light on!"

Kids are so funny!
    very cute....

when i was a kid there was a stretch road between Maple City and cedar Thant my Granddad used to drive...as we were coming home one evening the roadside lite up like a celestial light show...those "blinky bugs" were everywhere...to this day when I see them in my yard ..I smile at the reminder of the simpler things in life...the smile of a child the first time they see "glow-bugs" as we called them ..while driving with Grandpa...

as far a rolly polly's prolicfic nature ..they can be endured and throw outside..however. the "palmetto's" nuke em...and Boric acid works well...I used to throw a few "green horse apples" in my gardens around my house to encourage another path for those pesky creatures ....

Nice posts, it does us good to see the world through the eyes of a child when we can.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Nasty bugs, pests, only radical PETA members can resist the desire to get rid of them when they are near.

and extremists in the neoconda familia ..they can't smash their own..

I am delighted to see how many here have adopted the term "blinky bugs".

ccbatson Guest

Good shot Gibran.....ahem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2