Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This will be nice on the Hudson Site.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I hope your documentary consists of more than Googled images.
    The Great Detroit? It was-It is-It will be documentary is all original footage and photographs.
    I have hired an experience production crew, i.e. camera man with a high definition camera, and sound technician.
    This will be a high quality film, that's one reason why it's taking so long to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Strong so you think the Renaissance Center is unique. Take a look at this picture. It's the Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles. Does this look familiar? Now how unique is that?

Attachment 16567
    I do and I agree they copied our Ren Cen

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Look at this image and compare :
    You're right, Times Square in the D.
    Man there are some smart people on Detroityes.Com

Some other cool skyscrapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    You're right, Times Square in the D.
    Man there are some smart people on Detroityes.Com
    Lol, yes can you imagine! We do drop the "D" now...hhmm! Hopefully Gilbert build residential or mixed-used building on this site in the future, maybe drop the "D" off the building.

Maybe Dan the Man will do something special with the garage he's building. I have always liked this one:
    Name:  pl.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  13.4 KB

Some other cool skyscrapers.

The second one looks like a post modern Le Courbosier.

Maybe they will freak out the revamped Cobo Hall or Police/Fire headquarters.

I always felt COBO Hall needed a Convention Hotel, maybe gut Joe Louis Arena once they move to new arena. Build a hotel on the site, connect it to Cobo.

GUSHI Guest

Detroit has a lot of eye catchers, just look @ the local or sometimes even the national news.

How about a "tire" shape building, we are the Motor City .

This is sleek, I'm all for unique "eye-catching" buildings, I like the old barn arena the Red Wings had, but this could be nice for the new Red Wing arena.

I do and I agree they copied our Ren Cen
    Do your homework Strong. Or at least read what people are posting on your own thread. The they you speak of is the same person. John Portman designed both the Ren Cen and the Bonaventure, also the Peachtree Plaza as someone mentioned in a previous post.
    Last edited by MidTownMs; November-13-12 at 12:31 AM.

Lol, yes can you imagine! We do drop the "D" now...hhmm! Hopefully Gilbert build residential or mixed-used building on this site in the future, maybe drop the "D" off the building.
    I'm pretty sure we do 'drop the D' at Campus Martius already

I can see this on Hudson site.

Post Modern Skyscrapers fans.

This would of look nice in Detroit's skyline, beside Southfield.

This is sleek, I'm all for unique "eye-catching" buildings, I like the old barn arena the Red Wings had, but this could be nice for the new Red Wing arena.

Teal colored Red Wings arena? Better change this to team colors! Especially if the Pistons move in, too. Fans don't want to be reminded of those god awful unis from the 90's.

I was told that there's a deal on the table to build a high rise apartment building along the riverfront near Chene Park,so maybe they'll design something special. Or
    If they replace the now torn down Ford Auditorium with something unique,

I was told that there's a deal on the table to build a high rise apartment building along the riverfront near Chene Park,so maybe they'll design something special. Or
    If they replace the now torn down Ford Auditorium with something unique,
    What about all the "apartments" on the waterfront already going broke for lack of residents?

I think Chene Park is sharp.
    Name:  cp.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  10.0 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast