I've been riding my bike and taking the bus for as far back as I can remember.

I lived through Young, Archer, Kilpatrick, Cockrel, and now Bing administrations. There are a lot of things here in Detroit that could have been changed for the better over these times. However, it seems that some of these politicians have forgot who they are truly working for.

When I was born, I lived near Herman Gardens. I was lucky to have been raised in the Rosedale-Grandmont neighborhood. While the Rosedale-Grandmont neighborhood has been a step up from where I was born, there is still a lot more progress that can be made there.

I now live in the house that my parents have own after moving to the Rosedale-Grandmont neighborhood. I can say that if there's any neighborhood that needs a lot of help, it's the one that I'm living in now. Sure there's a CVS on Chicago and Greenfield and that's an improvement. However, I don't feel safe there. The nearest police precient is all the way on Fort Street, and I can no longer drive there.

I'm sure the concept of starting neighborhood by neighborhood to revive Detroit has been discussed time and time again. Downtown is a lot nicer than it was when I was born that's for sure, but it would be nice if I could ride my bike down the street without having to worry about my tires going flat from broken glass bottles.

Sometimes I want to give up and leave Detroit and never come back. However, if I leave, and many people are doing so, there won't be enough people left here that can solve the problems here short of bombing the city and starting over.

I understand that the city is financially unstable, and it's government officials are currently 'without reason'.

One thing that the city can jump start quickly, is to make transit easier for the citizens that can't afford to get their own vehicle. This city will always be the motor city, but let's not make it harder on those who can't drive their own cars.