Now there is a thread announcing the MooseJaw store opening downtown, however I want to put a light on this development.

Name:  moosejaw.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  10.6 KB

Is this the beginning of more larger retailers recognizing Detroit as a market to do business in?

I saw the MooseJaw people preparing the store and I was amazed seeing them scurry about. Prior to MooseJaw, Ogla's opened in Compuware and that was a big deal in my mind.
Name:  olga.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  13.9 KB
Ben and Jerry's opening downtown has fed my sweet tooth. And, soon to open is Buffalo Wild Wings as they are completely renovating the Odd Fellows Building. It looks like they'll be opening soon. Also on a major scale, Whole Food Market is building a store in midtown. I attended the ground breaking and met the CEO. He spoke glowingly about Detroit.
Name:  wholefoods.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  11.6 KB

Now some years ago, Hard Rock took a chance on Detroit and it looks like business is good. Prior to Hard Rock the only chains to open in Detroit [[that I remember) were in the Renaissance Center, stores like the Limited and maybe some others.

Also, it has been reported that Tim Hortons is opening stores in Detroit neighborhoods, they recently opened in Highland Park.

So in short, this might be a sign that some more big boys will take a chance on the big D.