Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Did the president change his position on importent issues???

Barack Obama's latest strategy is to claim that his opponent has developed "stage 3 Romnesia." Mitt Romney, the argument goes, is conveniently forgetting his real agenda, flipping his positions to better appeal to the electorate. Since Mr. Romney's conservative base would surely disagree, this raises the question of whether the president has changed his position on important issues!!
    "I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care program"—Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama, June 2003.

"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter"—President Obama, August2009.
    "Leadership means that the buck stops here. . . . I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit"—Sen. Barack Obama, March 2006.

"It is not acceptable for us not to raise the debt ceiling and to allow the U.S. government to default"—PresidentObama, July 2011.
    "If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election"—Sen.Obama, 2007.

"We've made the decision not to participate in the public financing system for the general election"—Sen. Obama, June 2008.
    "The problem with a spending freeze is you're using a hatchet where you need a scalpel"—Sen. Obama, September 2008.

"Starting in 2011, we are prepared to freeze government spending for three years"—President Obama, January 2010.
    "If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition"—President Obama, 2009.

"We've got a long way to go but . . . we've come too far to turn back now. . . . And that's why I'm running for a second term"—President Obama, October 2012.
    "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage"—Sen. Obama, November 2008, while running for president.

"It is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married"—President Obama, May 2012.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    So essentially, voting 3rd party would be a waste of a vote.
    Most votes for President are wasted votes, unless you are a member of the electoral college. Might as well waste it on other parties to break the duopoly they have on our government. The act of voting for "red team vs blue team", legitimizes the very system we all know to be corrupt to the core.

Obama and Romney are both terrible choices, I don't know how anyone with any self respect could vote for either one.

I say vote for a 3rd party candidate, but everyone knows it's really just between the first two dolts.

I agree with Mr. George Carlin on this one. I hate politics and voting is a waste of time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

"Did the president change his position on importent issues???"

"The road to ruin is paved with good intentions" I think they've both done they're share of about faces. Her's one of my favorites, Mitten & "clean" coal. Be sure to listen to the feed. Has Jeep moved to China yet?

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/08/162524...to-coal-miners

"The act of voting for "red team vs blue team", legitimizes the very system we all know to be corrupt to the core."

You've hit one of my favorite pet peeves. This country loves to keep the populace in a sportsteam frame of mind. I still remember people running around work holding up 4 fingers shouting "4 more years" when Bush won. It seemed a lot longer then that by the time it was over. I get the impression no one gives a hoot about real issues or the good of the country, it's just another sporting event, something else to cheer for. The Romans used to do that with Colossuem events to keep the populace distracted.

Now you have two men, both regular human beings, probably a little smarter than most, probably a lot more training in politics and in making political decisions. But in the end, these two men are affected by their experiences, what they read, and how they have decided to use those two to become the person they are.
    With that said, only God could be perfect and he isn't coming to earth to be president. So we're back to two human beings.
    I don't think anybody could have anticipated all that they faced with America back in 2008. They probably had a good idea being in politics, reading the reports talking with people but still some new stuff came to light when they walked into the oval office as President.
    So they had to make the best decisions they as normal humans could make given the circumstances and adding in that they had to rely on other humans to carry out their directives and there are people who want to sabotage their efforts plus world events that also played a part in effecting the intended outcome.
    With all that said, I personally believe that President Barack Obama did his very best. I can cite some accomplishments that are note worthy and that has directly positively affected me, my fellow Detroiters and people throughout this country and worldwide.
    And, given the reports of past business and political practices taken by Governor Mitt Romney and some of the things that he has said, I don't believe that he would be as effective, accomplish as much, nor take in account issues that matter to me and people like me.
    So my choice is clear and now off I go to volunteer, vote and pray for 4 more years.

I agree Strong, things can only get better, why take a chance and vote for someone who CLEARLY doesn't have the interests of the middle and lower class, constantly takes credit for things he didn't do, made millions off of Bain Capitol, then laid off people, made more millions from the auto bailouts. And he's only for continuing to line his pockets and other 1 percenters. Romney needs to be fed with a 10 foot spoon. Beware people !!
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-03-12 at 01:09 PM.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    And he's only for continuing to line his pockets and other 1 percenters. Romney needs to be fed with a 10 foot spoon. Beware people !!
    Obama is part of the 1% too, don't kid yourself. And all of the fat cat bankers you detest are the same ones that put him in office in 2008. Go to OpenSecrets.org and see where he got all of his money from. People conveniently forget that Goldman Sachs gave 4x more money to Obama than they gave to McCain. Obama is bought and paid for, so is Romney - they are beholden to the same people.

Don't lie to yourselves on Tuesday.

While I'm not fan of Maroun, I also don't appreciate Snyder lying about the cost of the bridge and also going around the legislator. That may be how he ran Gateway into the ground, but that's not how he's going to run this state.

I want the new bridge as well, but we need to lay all of the cards on the deck now and go through the proper authorization.
    Then why would you vote "YES" on 6?
    A yes vote not only doesn't "lay all the cards on the deck", it puts all the cards in Matty Moroun's pocket...permanently...written in stone in Michigan's state constitution. The cards will never be seen again.

Listen, I understand your feelings toward Snyder. Believe me, I'm right there with you.
    But please, between now and election day try to separate those two issues. Because they are separate.

You won't be punishing Snyder at all by voting yes. But you will be rewarding a slimy man running hands down the most deceitful, heinous proposal campaign in recent Michigan history. Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMPOST View Post
    Then why would you vote "YES" on 6?
    A yes vote not only doesn't "lay all the cards on the deck", it puts all the cards in Matty Moroun's pocket...permanently...written in stone in Michigan's state constitution. The cards will never be seen again.

Listen, I understand your feelings toward Snyder. Believe me, I'm right there with you.
    But please, between now and election day try to separate those two issues. Because they are separate.

You won't be punishing Snyder at all by voting yes. But you will be rewarding a slimy man running hands down the most deceitful, heinous proposal campaign in recent Michigan history. Forever.
    My understanding of proposal 6 is that it would allow the voters to decide on the bridge, not that it won't happen.

That said, I did see the wording, and it is a bit funky. "New International Bridge" is defined as "Any new bridge not open to the public"

Now taking that wording into situation, now I'm undecided again. Which liar should I support, the governor breaking every single legislative law in our constitution or the billionaire who only wants to maintain his monopoly?

Which liar should I support, the governor breaking every single legislative law in our constitution or the billionaire who only wants to maintain his monopoly?
    Support the lying Governor. If the bridge gets built, there's a good chance MI will stand to see some of the profits from it. If you support the lying billionare, then MI, [[read: you), won't see ANY profits from it.

I wish there was a way to only let people vote that somehow could prove that they were even the slightest bit educated in what/how they are voting for. I have a couple of friends that are going in and voting the party line. They don't pay a bit of attention to anything. I know this isn't something that's possible, but it would be nice. On the props, I'm voting yes on one, no on the rest. I don't like how they want to write all of these things into the state constitution. I do like the 2/3's vote for tax increases, but I'm hesitant on that because there are RARE times where this could cause an problem.

Speaking of taxes, I find it funny how government always looks for new ways to ax us. Has there ever been a tax rollback that was significant?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Support the lying Governor. If the bridge gets built, there's a good chance MI will stand to see some of the profits from it. If you support the lying billionare, then MI, [[read: you), won't see ANY profits from it.
    I'm more comfortable with the state owning an international bridge than a single citizen.

" Has there ever been a tax rollback that was significant?"

Have pigs ever learned to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    Obama is part of the 1% too, don't kid yourself. And all of the fat cat bankers you detest are the same ones that put him in office in 2008. Go to OpenSecrets.org and see where he got all of his money from. People conveniently forget that Goldman Sachs gave 4x more money to Obama than they gave to McCain. Obama is bought and paid for, so is Romney - they are beholden to the same people.

Don't lie to yourselves on Tuesday.
    Ok ? So they both are. Romney just strikes me as not being sincere and he still can't answer certain questions that the public want to know. He's always hiding something. I don't want that trait in a POTUS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2