Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "I think it's interesting that you really don't hear his name associated with any charitable contributions of note."

Charity begins @ home......
    Well, then he's fine because his family is sure getting a lot of his charity

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "I think it's interesting that you really don't hear his name associated with any charitable contributions of note."

Charity begins @ home......
    OR your summer home....

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...nent---charity

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    Matty Moroun is 85 years old. Lets be honest, he doesn't have much time left. Why is this guy fighting so hard to increase his net worth? He's a billionaire. Why can't he just enjoy the rest of his life? Even if this bridge was built and on schedule, there's a good chance Moroun wouldn't even live long enough to see the completion of it...
    Why is Tiger Woods still playing golf? Why is A- Rod still playing Baseball? Why is George Clooney still acting? Why is JK Rowling still writing books?

all of them have made more money then they'd ever be able to spend. Why don't they just quit and enjoy life... outside the public eye?

Because it's never really about the money.

I know it is early, but it seems both Prop 5 and 6 are going down hard. This makes me smile.

3 to 1 on 5 and 7 to 3 on 6.

Best money Matty ever wasted, indeed.

I'm calling for an intergenerational split within the Maroun family...I know the polls just closed downstate, but enough is in to see that Matty overspent a huge chunk of Junior's inheritance.

I expect Matthew to join the opposition soon.

Cheers!

Now that " the people have spoken" and now that it seems like prop 6 is going down in Flames I hope Matty will crawl back under the rock he came from , but some how I don't think he will :-[[
    His whole argument was "let the people decided" well they have !

NITC, here we come.

Imagine if Matty spent 30 million dollars on trying to help the community instead of wasting it on trying to scam his was into the constitution.

I sincerely hope that those who are attempting to exploit the Supreme Court's Citizen United decision come to regret their massive "investments." Hopefully they won't be able to get the rest of us to pay their losses.

Corporations are not people. Money is not speech. To pretend otherwise is an embarrassingly obvious confession of entanglement with corruption.

Our Supreme Court is corrupt.

serpico Guest

Yes.. Good to see Matty got crushed tonight....
    So sad a man with such wealth waste so much on greed...

Corporations are not people. Money is not speech. To pretend otherwise is an embarrassingly obvious confession of entanglement with corruption.

We have a friend who is a constitutional law professor. At dinner the other night he was expounding on why Citizens United is a good decision. After listening to him, I can see some of his arguments on precedent, but I kept thinking the cases he cited were as wrong as CU, which only led to why they were actually right based on other cases. The only conclusion I could come to at the end of it was, other Supreme Courts were as crazy as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post

We have a friend who is a constitutional law professor. At dinner the other night he was expounding on why Citizens United is a good decision. After listening to him, I can see some of his arguments on precedent, but I kept thinking the cases he cited were as wrong as CU, which only led to why they were actually right based on other cases. The only conclusion I could come to at the end of it was, other Supreme Courts were as crazy as this one.
    At some level of decorum, defending absurdities might seem sophisticated. This is in the realm of The Emporer's New Clothes.
    The Emperor cannot see the clothing himself, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing unfit for his position; his ministers do the same.
    Corporations are not people. Money is not speech. How much more simply and truthfully can that be stated?

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Yes.. Good to see Matty got crushed tonight....
    So sad a man with such wealth waste so much on greed...
    I would LOVE to have watched his face as the numbers came up

To be blunt, at his age he knows he's going to be dead soon. Why does he even care if the bridge gets built or not? Enjoy your billions and enjoy life.

With that kind of outlook, that's probably why I'll never be wealthy [[I also have no marketable skills....)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    To be blunt, at his age he knows he's going to be dead soon. Why does he even care if the bridge gets built or not? Enjoy your billions and enjoy life.

With that kind of outlook, that's probably why I'll never be wealthy [[I also have no marketable skills....)
    I've been telling folks all through this that he wants to make sure his grandchildren are to be "billionaires" too... to settle for millionaire status, that's chump change, too common for them...

Oh my goodness, it wasn't a dream.

Matty lost his ass and pride along with his money.

Ain't no better way to sting a stingy man.

Good work, people of Michigan.

Poor Mr. Moroun.. enjoined, arrested, court-ordered, tens of millions of his dollars wasted and firmly rejected by the public. He had to have spent about $10 for every voter who voted vs. almost no opposition and got nothing but scorn and defeat.

I don't believe in gloating over election results, but I might have to make an exception for this one issue.

This calls for a party in Roosevelt Park or somewhere appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I know it is early, but it seems both Prop 5 and 6 are going down hard. This makes me smile.

3 to 1 on 5 and 7 to 3 on 6.

Best money Matty ever wasted, indeed.

I'm calling for an intergenerational split within the Maroun family...I know the polls just closed downstate, but enough is in to see that Matty overspent a huge chunk of Junior's inheritance.

I expect Matthew to join the opposition soon.

Cheers!
    I don't think many people here really understand how paltry a sum 30 Million is to a multi-billionare. If he does nothing else, he'll make that back on interest in a nanosecond.

Which is why its just as disappointing he's such a slum lord. The money he and his family could invest in just minimal stewardship of his properties would amount to little more than a rounding error. Sad really.

But you're right, no better way to sting a cheap man than by making him waste his money....no matter how insignificant a sum it is.

My only concern is that this will just result in a redoubling of efforts.

I wish I was in town because I would love to go down to Fort Street and tag the shit out of every building, street sign, cement barrier and stray dog with, " Honk if you hate Matty".

i have a feeling the noise would crumble what is left of pier 19.

i usually am one of those, "let's shake hands, no hard feelings" kind of voters. But with prop 6, I am a finger waving, MF tossin, s.o.b. Screw him, his company, his family and any of those Judas like Malik Shabass, Adolph Mongo,Mike Kowall, Tupac Hunter, or Horace Sheffield.

We have been told to judge people by the content of their character; we have seen their content, and it is without character.

on November 13 there is a public hearing about the NITC. Wonder if the Judas Brigade will show their dirty faces?

Forgive me, but the public hearing is about should Matty be allowed to build a second span.

the MDEQ is holding a public hearing November 13, 2012, 6:30pm til done, Western International High School, 1500 Scotten, Detroit.

Map
    http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8...QQ8gEwAA#bmb=1

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Why is Tiger Woods still playing golf? Why is A- Rod still playing Baseball? Why is George Clooney still acting? Why is JK Rowling still writing books?

all of them have made more money then they'd ever be able to spend. Why don't they just quit and enjoy life... outside the public eye?

Because it's never really about the money.
    Get back to me when A Rod is 85 years old and still playing baseball. This doesn't make sense. No one you mentioned is even close to 85 years old. They'll be retired long before 85. I'm not even sure what you're trying to convey? Moroun has some passion for bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    Get back to me when A Rod is 85 years old and still playing baseball. This doesn't make sense. No one you mentioned is even close to 85 years old. They'll be retired long before 85. I'm not even sure what you're trying to convey? Moroun has some passion for bridges?
    That wasnt really my point. But speaking of ARod, he's loathed by Yankees fans and is clearly on the downhill of his career. Why go on? Why not hang it up while he's relatively young, healthy, and insanely wealthy? Why put up with the shit from "fans"? because it's not about the 28 mill a year. Why does anyone who's reached the pinnacle of their profession continue at it...long after there really are no more worlds to conquer? Because it's not just about the money, its about staying on top.

Same with Maroun... he's doing it because he lives to run his business and craves the power that comes with it. It's not about making money. He'll retire the day he dies.

In the end he will just go back to filing endless lawsuits and delaying the process as long as possible. And his paid for politicos in Lansing will help.

"He'll retire the day he dies"

And then again, maybe not.....

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Forgive me, but the public hearing is about should Matty be allowed to build a second span.

the MDEQ is holding a public hearing November 13, 2012, 6:30pm til done, Western International High School, 1500 Scotten, Detroit.

Map
    http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8...QQ8gEwAA#bmb=1
    That meeting will have to be in the gymnasium, it is the only intact room in the entire building. If you're quick enough, come early and get to the old building...most northwest corner of the basement is a GUN RANGE and ROTC room. Thought that was a nice juxtaposition...a gun range in a high school.

Look how far we've come.

That said...they are having public hearings to see who responds to Matty's desire to make his second span to nowhere?! I thought Windsor had nixed the landing...although he still owns that ghost neighborhood, right?!

Funny. Maybe we can collect a bunch of Prop6 signs and deliver them to him during this meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

I don't believe in gloating over election results, but I might have to make an exception for this one issue.

This calls for a party in Roosevelt Park or somewhere appropriate.
    Celebrate away!

Lowell, you aren't gloating over election results. You're celebrating the wisdom of the public. I am also so pleased that people saw through his personal campaign for profit. Hopefully, the public is getting wiser and will demand more truth in their candidates and their campaigns. I'm an optimist. I think the public is getting smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Same with Maroun... he's doing it because he lives to run his business and craves the power that comes with it. It's not about making money. He'll retire the day he dies.
    That's probably true. I'm also fairly certain the Maroun family feels they owe nothing to the rest of the population or this country, rather, that we are here for their personal exploitation and profiteering if they can muster it. Maroun has a foul-mouther little m-f'er of a son/heir who thinks its cute to be rude to newspaper reporters. Whatever legacy associated with them appears to be confined to their hermit-like dynasty. Turning inward and harboring total disregard for anyone besides your kin seems to happen pretty often when you get families with untold wealth and power- look at the Kims, the Husseins, the Assads.

The Marouns are ghastly, evil, uncharitable monsters. I'd like to think they learned that democracy cannot simply be bought and sold but they never appear to learn anything because of their own hubris. I hope they get everything they deserve.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast