Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yet another reason to vote no on Proposal 1...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...lunch#comments

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Yet another reason to vote no on Proposal 1...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...lunch#comments
    The boneheaded principal's decision aside...

I find it intriguing that you use a singular incident as such to indict the quality of EAA schools while ignoring the systemic deprivation of a quality education within Detroit's public school system for the past 20+ years. You really think that putting the school board back in charge of EAA institutions is going to resolve the issue?

My thought: censure the principal, bring her up for evaluation at the end of the year, but don't even think about giving control of these schools back to the board.

"censure the principal"?

Do you think this was really a singular incident? I, along with my coconspirators, would have been sitting on the bench, outside the principal’s office, until my Father, work or not, picked me up and dealt with the incident. Where is the parent’s responsibility in all this? Since when is it the State’s responsibility to raise someone’s kids? No reprecussions, just business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "censure the principal"?

Do you think this was really a singular incident? I, along with my coconspirators, would have been sitting on the bench, outside the principal’s office, until my Father, work or not, picked me up and dealt with the incident. Where is the parent’s responsibility in all this? Since when is it the State’s responsibility to raise someone’s kids? No reprecussions, just business as usual.
    Who knows? But to make your decisions on the need for EAA based on an incident is naive, or self-serving. No institution is perfect. No person is perfect.

We had a corrupt mayor. That didn't mean that the mayor's office is corrupt.

This problem doesn't mean the system is at fault.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2