From today’s Detroit News:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

The emergency financial manager for Detroit Public Schools says he is considering stepping down if Michigan voters repeal Public Act 4 on Tuesday.

"I haven't made up my mind," Roy Roberts said Wednesday in an interview with The Detroit News Editorial Board. He said he will have a decision immediately following the election on Tuesday.

Roberts issued a letter to Gov. Rick Snyder on Wednesday stating that operating under the state's weaker emergency manager law — Public Act 72 — since the repeal of PA4 in August has resulted in "utter confusion and chaos" in the district.

Roberts said the Detroit Board of Education is refusing to recognize his powers under the law and trying to undermine the work of his staff to move the district out of its financial emergency.

"It's not about education. It's about power. I didn't come here for that," Roberts said Wednesday. "I came here to educate kids." In his letter, Roberts told the governor there is "simply no focus on the students or their academic achievement."

"There is only a battle for control over the entire district to achieve personal agenda not focused on educating our children," Roberts said in the letter.

I just wonder what alternative plans the Board of Ed has should Roberts leave.