Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    No offense, and I truly respect your opinion, but beauty must be in the eye of the beholder because for me, that car is ugly. The front grills on all of their cars are way outdated,
    I somehow don't think you know what the new MKZ looks like, but if you do, you are definitely in the minority. the new grill looks great, it's not the clunky thing that the previous version wore. And the taillights are full-width LEDs. [[see pic)

While I do think Caddy did the CTS right, it is looking seriously dated right now. It will probably get a familial update to mirror the ATS and its toned-down "art & science" language
    Last edited by rb336; November-01-12 at 09:46 AM.

I think this may be the genesis of the "rename the lincoln brand" Ford has applied for a trademark for "Lincoln Black Label." It might be a brand for top-end trim levels, premier dealerships or???

Side-by-side: old and new MKZ

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    No offense, and I truly respect your opinion, but beauty must be in the eye of the beholder because for me, that car is ugly.

Cadillac did it right, and now they are some of the hottest looking products on the road today. My wife had a first generation CTS [[loved it), traded that for a second generation CTS [[loved it), when that lease was up she traded it for a CTS-V Coupe [[now THAT is a car), and is now thinking about getting the new ATS [[I drive the family beater). Lincoln? Never crossed our minds.
    I'll agree with this, as I think those CTS's are UGLY.

They need to fix the UI on their head units [[radios/GPS/etc) It's *awful* - and the main reason they are slipping in quality. I spent a weekend driving around with a few friends in an MKX and the GPS was nearly unusable. Short of punching in addresses directly, it couldn't find anything [[nearby gas stations, specific restaurants, etc...) The voice recognition worked about 20% of the time, even when we were parked and the cabin was dead quiet.

The built-in MP3 player was terrible as well - if you have more than a few dozen albums loaded it becomes very time consuming to find a specific song or record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2