Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Exactly...it's holiday creep at every holiday so just put them all on the weekend...or long weekend. At least if it's on a weekend, no one in dragging their hungover or tired selves back into the office the next day.
    Maybe not in your workplace, but I've had colleagues & staff come in Tuesday after Memorial & Labor Day because they were still partying on the Monday holiday.

But, if as you said, everyone leaves early no matter when it is, why would Friday be anymore hurried than on Tuesday when parents are trying to get it all done before school night bed time, homework, after school activities...etc? I don't remember ever NOT having homework or practice just because it was Halloween.
    It's too bad you had homework on Halloween as a kid. I grew up in the 70s & attended a Catholic school. We never had homework on Halloween. My kid hasn't ever had homework on Halloween either.

One thing that can make Fridays more hurried is that it's payday for many folks. Getting that paycheck cashed is one more activity to add to the list.

BTW, just curious if you passed out all 1,000 pieces of candy last night.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    One thing that can make Fridays more hurried is that it's payday for many folks. Getting that paycheck cashed is one more activity to add to the list.
    I thought everyone did direct deposit?

I think in your zeal to take offense you've entirely missed the point. I enjoy the hell out of holidays... which is why I'd like them to be set days that allow for them to fall into, on, or extend a weekend. Especially those that are really just about having a party [[which really is all Americans REALLY care about when it comes to holidays in general)...like Halloween, 4th of july, St. Pattys...etc. Make them all like Memorial day or Labor day or Thanks giving...that way everyone can plan accordingly and we can all have a good time.

However; speaking of the war on Christmas ..why ARENT the jewish holidays, mulsim holidays, Pastafarian holidays, hindu holidays...etc Federal holidays? Why is Christmas eve and Christmas day SO important that I can't buy booze and exercise my god given right to get hammered? Yet I can walk into any liquor store during Ramadan or Yom Kippur ..or name any other religion's most holy day... and buy anything I want? Why can't i go to the bank on December 25 [[which is really just a random day in December picked sometime in the 4th century to get everyone on the same page)? seems kinda discriminatory and very arbitrary if only one religion gets a day where my freedoms are infringed.

Why do you hate other religions KJ5? Why should a Jew have to go to work on Yom Kippur or Rosh Hashana, but is forced to take the day off on December 25th? Sounds a bit antisemitic if you ask me.
    I don't hate other religions, bailey. What makes you assume I'm a practicing Christian anyhow? The quotes around "The War on Christmas" were sarcasm on my part. I don't think the state should officially recognize any religion, and that you should be able to get as drunk as you want on Christmas. And if I'm not mistaken Michigan did change the law so you can buy booze Christmas night, though not all day and all Christmas Eve like it should be.
    Hope everybody enjoyed their All Saint's Day[[a.k.a. Thursday). I know I had fun!
    Last edited by KJ5; November-02-12 at 03:26 AM.

Make them all like Memorial day or Labor day or Thanks giving...that way everyone can plan accordingly and we can all have a good time.

Or, how about... [gasp] employers give people the next day off, too? In Germany, the average workers gets about a month of paid vacation time. PAID! And somehow their economy is in better shape than ours... how's that?

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    Or, how about... [gasp] employers give people the next day off, too? In Germany, the average workers gets about a month of paid vacation time. PAID! And somehow their economy is in better shape than ours... how's that?[/COLOR]
    Just to play devil's advocate, if people had the day after off too, wouldn't they just use that day to continue the party and call in sick the NEXT day too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2