I finally got a chance to test drive the Kia Sorrento. LOVED it. In all fairness, its the only one I drove, but I loved it. I've changed my mind about the Dodge Journey because it seems smaller to me. The Ford Escape is still in the running but I haven't driven it yet.

So far my salesman seems cool but I don't know. I wanted the car with the roof rack and its $2000 more than the one without, and he suggested I get the one without and have them put on a rack for $700, so that seems honest. It could just be a tactic to throw me off so he can slide in another $2500 somewhere else, lol.

My sister also worked in car sales VERY briefly. I think she lasted about two weeks and she couldn't stand the high pressure from management to make sales at any cost. I completely forgot about her experience, I could have asked her for some tips from what she remembers. She was going to make more money than she ever dreamed of but she just couldn't handle it. For some reason though, she was able to sell Amway for years, lol.

I hope to get my car either this Friday or next, so I might still check out the Escape just for the heck of it. And I'll let you all know how the process goes. I'll come here and update on everything I'm told, lol.

Thanks for all of the tips and stories!