Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Jesus, I can't believe some of the batshit crazy nutbags that went to my high school. Wait, yes I can.
    Islandman, lol, perfect. How could anyone be opposed to pot because trucks are used to transport the stuff. By that logic, why not be opposed to wooden crucifixes because they are made of wood, or condoms because they are made from rubber, or rain because it makes you wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Jesus, I can't believe some of the batshit crazy nutbags that went to my high school. Wait, yes I can.
    It's ridiculous isn't it?

This guy and Danny CLEARLY partake, then get on the internet and tell others they can't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Ready to be detroyed by fire and brinstone from Heaven."

Ready to be laid to waste by reefer and MD 20-20........
    Mad Dog 20/20 is a consipracy by Republicans to kill homeless people. Pot has nothing on bum wine.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Mad Dog 20/20 is a consipracy by Republicans to kill homeless people. Pot has nothing on bum wine.
    Green or purple? I always liked the green Mad Dog myself. What I find hysterical are these "community activists" who are opposing Proposal M on the grounds that marijuana use makes Detroit residents less able to find employment due to amotivational syndrome or a dirty wizz quiz. So rather than just let people be lazy and deal with the consequences... let's charge them with a crime! Because, yeah, a criminal record helps when you're applying for a job!! It never ceases to amaze me how impossibly stupid some of these people are.

Criminalize "breed at will"!

I don't smoke it and never used to be against it but two things in my life changed that one I was a foreman of 60 people in a skilled labor trade where you had to read blue prints and do complicated jobs and my pot heads screwed up so many jobs it was unbelievable they truly made my job a headache.
    2nd I am seeing more and more people that seem to as addicted to pot. They have to have it the morning, break, lunch, after work, before bed I would like this addressed a little more how come there is not an AA for pot heads.
    If this goes thru are people addicted to other substances going to push for legalizing their drug of choice ?

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    I don't smoke it and never used to be against it but two things in my life changed that one I was a foreman of 60 people in a skilled labor trade where you had to read blue prints and do complicated jobs and my pot heads screwed up so many jobs it was unbelievable they truly made my job a headache.
    2nd I am seeing more and more people that seem to as addicted to pot. They have to have it the morning, break, lunch, after work, before bed I would like this addressed a little more how come there is not an AA for pot heads.
    If this goes thru are people addicted to other substances going to push for legalizing their drug of choice ?
    Like alcohol?

Or fucking cigarettes, that have people sucking on them first thing in the morning, last thing at night, and huddling like a bunch of suicidal penguins around the office entrance in the dead of winter?

The sign says to stand 20 feet away from the entrance. A legal intoxicant and people can't read that either so....

Looks like almost 2 to one for passage. I don't think they've called it yet...

yes 114,909No 61,095

[QUOTE=CassTechGrad;347651]I’m opposed to marijuana because of the devastating effect it is having on the planet and the direct and indirect negative impact it is having on human life.

The massive amount of energy needed to grow marijuana indoors comes from coal fired power plants which pollute the air. ....

Cass Tech Dude you forgot to mention all the Twinkies and HoHo's that are also dependent on those coal fired plants... the same ones powering your computer right now...just think of all the the blue sky's and rainbows you will create...your post was eye watering.

An end to another form of prohibition.

A resounding primary commitment to the arts.

An openly homosexual elected official.

Troy throws Janice Daniels in the bushes.

A more representative district council coming soon.

By Jove, Detroit will shed it's meathead reputation yet.

Not everything went down the way I would have preffered.

But Goddamn I feel more optimistic about this town that I have in years. [[And I won't even end it on a sarcastic downbeat stinger.)

Decriminalization passed in four Michigan cities yesterday: http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2012/1...lming-victory/

BitterAndCynical Guest

Congratulations to Detroit, Flint, Ypsilanti, Grand Rapids, Washington state and Colorado! It's a step in the right direction. Now, don't do anything stupid - if things go smoothly now, other states will follow. Maybe one day, the Feds will realize this stuff isn't so evil after all.

Has Schutte made any noise about this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    I’m opposed to marijuana because of the devastating effect it is having on the planet and the direct and indirect negative impact it is having on human life.

The massive amount of energy needed to grow marijuana indoors comes from coal fired power plants which pollute the air. The materials needed to equip the greenhouses are manufactured using petroleum and other toxic substances. The chemicals, trees, and raw mineral products needed to make rolling papers, matches, and other paraphernalia used to smoke pot damage the planet and hurt the environment. The run-off from fertilizers used to grow marijuana outside pollutes rivers and streams. Trucks and cars that transport the pot give off exhaust fumes which foul the air we breathe. So how many lives are lost world wide due to the bad air, bad water, toxic soil, and a polluted environment because of all the poisons we create to get high? Normally, liberal publications attack industries that do this much damage to the planet but the pot business strangely gets a pass.

How many people worldwide die or are injured in vehicle accidents because they are under the influence of marijuana? How many get sick because, remember now, they are breathing in the smoke, ash, and other toxic compounds from burning plant matter. Those who are most harmed are the poor who become addicted and spend their limited income on this substance instead of on essential living expenses. What if all the energy and resources that are used to grow marijuana were used instead to produce food to feed people in need. Fortunes are being spent to get high on pot while we have more poor and hungry people in the world than ever before. And I think it’s safe to assume that 99.99% use pot to get high and don’t even pretend that it’s for some mythical “medical”purpose.
    Attachment 16368
    WOW.... absolutely WOW... this has to be the biggest "Slippery Slope" fallacy argument I've ever seen in my 13 years on this forum...
    http://onegoodmove.org/fallacy/ss.htm

CassTechGrad... if you're going to college yet... do yourself a favor and take a LOGIC 101 course... you will learn a lot about the 43 different fallacies in a debate.... the "Slippery Slope Fallacy" is one of the most common... and I wouldn't be surprised to find your example to end up as a textbook case of one...

And FYI... your first 2 paragraphs... much of what you claim is environment damage that pot would cause... well the same could be said for "hothouse tomatoes" or "fresh cut greenhouse flowers"....
    Last edited by Gistok; November-07-12 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Has Schutte made any noise about this yet?
    I'm sure he's too busy arming his paramilitaries and saying a black mass before they set out to start hunting down the innocents.

I wonder if Detroit will gain any population from this?

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    I wonder if Detroit will gain any population from this?
    They might. They'll be counting the same people over and over.......

JVB Guest

Prohibition laws are stupid, so I guess this was a step in the right direction. However, all the weed smokers need to remember that it is still illegal according to the feds, which means you can still have your house raided, be arrested and sent to prison so keep that in mind. Federal law always trumps local laws so be careful.

I cant believe this is even an issue. Its a fucking plant, and a useful one at that. If the Dupont company in the 20's wasnt so scared of their new plastics industry being run over by the hemp industry it would be legal today.

Read the book The Emperor Wears no Clothes by Jack Herer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Yeah, legalize pot and make tobacco a felony. You liberals rip me up.
    The War and Drugs are and smoking bans are all Liberal ideals. I don't get where you're coming from with this one. Perhaps your angel is confused?

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I guess I'm "an employer" since I hire people [[the Orwellian 'job creator' shit gets old) and I could give a shit less if my guys go home and smoke a joint.

No, you cannot show up high to work. You also cannot show up drunk to work. You can, however, drink on your own time. Yet if you smoke weed at a barbeque and get 'the hair test' two weeks later, you're busted.

A simple background check before hiring, along with properly screening your candidates, can usually weed out bad apples. I've had people with spotless records except getting busted for pot years ago. I ignore that.

I've had far more problems with employees who drink too much. Whatever you do, do it in moderation for chrissake.
    You're one of the good ones, and I applaud you for that.
    Bad employees are bad employees, you don't need drugs tests to determine that.

I care about my privacy and self-respect too much to want or need to work for someone who cares so much as to what I do in my private life that they are willing to have my urine tested by some creep. I wouldn't piss in a glass vile for someone just like I wouldn't let a potential employer mount a camera in my bedroom to make sure I'm not doing something they don't approve of.

DPD doesn't do their job anyway, so this was completely moot.

When can I see disbanding DPD and bringing in Wayne County on a ballot?

The legal analysts and naysayers that keep telling us "not to break out the cheetos just yet" are crackin me up. Like as if a ballot proposal had anything to do with the tens of thousands of people who lit up in this town before it was passed.

In my lifetime DPD has never given a shit about weed. They only use it's illegality to arrest real dbags, good people who have pissed them off, and ransom suburban white kids' vehicles.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; November-08-12 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    ransom suburban white kids' vehicles.
    Like me. Except i didnt live in the suburbs. Most expensive dime of spotweed i never actually got. I lived across the freeway. 10 minute walk but they held my 1500 dollar car ransom for a grand. They wrecked my trans too.

This doesn't make smoking pot any less boring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast