Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Not necessarily race related but some people have had visits and conversations from the FBI for saying less.

"We're coming down to the 11th hour. We're facing a violent storm," "It's nothing compared to the storm we'll face if you don't make the right decision in this election." - Bill Clinton 10/28/12

Clinton might have been suggesting economic devastation, riots, or some combination of implied things.

Just when I thought you couldn't get more absurd...

Obama MUST remained President of the United States for 4 more years. Otherwise the riot and race and civil war will begin and America will never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I don't know of course whats inside his [[Clinton's) mind, but based on what he has been saying on the campaign trail I would think something along the lines of economic devastation. Theres no way I could rationally come up with riots or civil unrest based on what I have heard from him.
    You are probably correct about this being a partisan economic warning but Clinton is intelligent enough to make use of double entendres. It all depends what the meaning of "is" is or "make love to that woman" to cite a couple of examples. It is possible that Clinton wasn't trying to infer anything else but he has that history of parsing words like a lawyer. He is smooooth.

rb336: "Just when I thought you couldn't get more absurd..."
    rb, the insult poster, is still with us. Good Morning, rb. The topic on this thread is still "Post Election Civil Unrest".
    Last edited by oladub; October-30-12 at 11:12 AM.

I heard a rumor on MySpace that there might be widespread partying

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    And the few stores closed, no services at all [[aside from Marshall law)
    I hate the spelling police, but the word is "martial". Forgive me, I couldn't resist it.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    rb, the insult poster, is still with us. Good Morning, rb. The topic on this thread is still "Post Election Civil Unrest".
    And it is absurd that you said Clinton might be implying riots. Utterly absurd. I will stop ridiculing your comments when you stop making them so ridiculous.

There will be civil unrest in America if the election system is flawed, recounted or their leader was killed. There was civil unrest in some foreign nations when their elections were flawed.

Iran, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Argentina, Chile, Palestine, India, China, Burma, Vietnam [[former communist nations of Soviet Union, Cuba, Hungary, East Germany, Poland, Yugoslavia, Albania, Romania, Chechoslovakia, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania). Brazil, Angola, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Eriterea, Sudan, Mali, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Indonesia, Phillpines, South Africa, Congo, Niger, Nigeria, Tunisia, Cyprus, Mozambique and many more.

America will be next. We almost have a civil unrest during the Florida recount. Let's us hope and pray our election will be a safe and monitor one.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    And it is absurd that you said Clinton might be implying riots. Utterly absurd. I will stop ridiculing your comments when you stop making them so ridiculous.
    I disagree having already noted the obfuscation found in a couple of previous famous Clinton quotes. Of course, it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is in your pronouncement. My original statement, which prompted your latest round of insults, was " Clinton might have been suggesting economic devastation, riots, or some combination of implied things" .

rb's post #31
    3 insults - "absurd", " utterly absurd", "ridiculous"
    1 pronouncement - "
    it is absurd that you said Clinton might be implying riots"
    0 reasons backing up pronouncement

Posting tip: Thoughtful posters, like most recently firstandten and Danny, cite reasons and use numbers to support their comments and do not resort to insults as as substitutes for persuasive arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I heard a rumor on MySpace that there might be widespread partying
    This will definitely happen. Question is, just which side will be partying?

JVB Guest

No matter which guy wins, we all lose. They've both been bought and paid for by the same lobbyists. A lot of people insist they're only voting for the lesser of two evils, but the problem with that is you're still voting for evil...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    The 1% have been trying to provoke civil unrest for a long time now. They won't stop until they succeed.
    Why would the 1% want civil unrest?
    Last edited by JVB; October-30-12 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    Why would the 1% want civil unrest?
    It might have to do with population control. When the ones deemed 'useless eaters' by them can be incited to kill each other off, it is much more efficient than nearly any other management technique. Plus, the effects can linger for generations.

Think about how Detroit has behaved all these years since '67. Sure, there has been a controlled burn annually on Devil's Night, but no outright civil unrest of the same caliber.

The view from where the 1%ers sit is a bit different.

I always wonder about that monument to secret societies down south of Atlanta...the Georgia Guidestones. Part of their prescription for a healthy world includes maintaining the population at a tiny fraction of what the Earth is holding now.

I think based on this article civil unrest if Obama wins could extend to our white supremacist groups out there. The number of groups have gone up from 600 to 1000 since 2000. They are dreading the reality of another four years under the "worst president of my lifetime" said one.

Damn, now it won't be safe to walk in the woods after Obama gets re-elected

http://newamericamedia.org/2012/10/h...-obama-win.php

Hah! Good catch perhaps I had shopping on my mind somewhere.... ala 'Marshalls'

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I hate the spelling police, but the word is "martial". Forgive me, I couldn't resist it.

... and speaking of spelling police... the term "Civil Unrest" would be a term that the late great George Carlin would make a mockery of... shouldn't it be "Uncivil Unrest"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2