Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

And as for this discussion, since the national wankers were brought in...it helps to show that this is beyond a Detroit thing.

As a conspiracy trender, I've noticed that many, if not most, of those who achieve some of the highest positions of authority all over the world have flaws which would bring them down if made public.

It should be no surprise that so many of the scandals lead straight to the top. The Franklin one during the GHW years could've and should've blown one large pedophile ring up...but somehow they kept a lid on it.

http://www.franklinscandal.com/

The Penn State debacle was rumored to be another tip of a dirty iceburg...one reporter said the reason Sandusky was allowed to continue his deeds as long as he did was because he was pimping to large investors to the university. That portion of the story was never followed up on.

Everyone knows the scandal within the Catholic Church. The highest-placed priest I ever met was in Chicago, he was a weird dude who was obviously well taken care of, living in one of the tonier high-rises in the 600s just off the lake. Claimed to be the lead security for traveling Vatican officials in North America. I never asked any questions when his very gay aide wandered out of his bedroom while I was installing his new hifi...so I can confirm some degree of acquiescence up to that level.

One of my writers in the hifi world, when I was editing a national magazine, told me at a dinner of his CIA brother's investigations into an international child slavery/prostitution ring...and the story which was 'just about to break' eleven years ago that I never heard about again.

Bad behavior seems to be encouraged, above some level of authority, in order to hold the embarassing "it" over someone. J.Edgar Hoover's FBI famously manipulated people for decades, using his little file cards full of dirty information. I think that happens on a larger scale in the world...

...and of all the people mentioned in the original post, the only one who needed to hide his deeds was Godbee...because he was also serving as the Pastor of a Church. That is why I made such a big deal of him hiding THAT fact for so long. No way they'd put up with a Pastor swinging.

Come to think of it now, having a public official also have their own church is a neat way of channeling bribes. Better than the non-profits Kwhyme and the gang used, since they are likely exempt from the cash-reporting laws, like party stores and gas stations are. [[I'm betting the surface-parking-lot owners don't have to report their cash like the plebeians, either)

Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Bing needs to get off his ass and start managing the City instead of being the wuss he is.
    I feel your frustration, It seems like our mayor can't get out in front of any adverse situation that comes his way. You feel like he is always reacting to any negative that happens. Oh well one more year !

In Bing's defense, WTF? Are we dealing with high school kids that have discovered their wee-wees for the first time? These are, supposedly, grown, men and women in resposible positions. A judge, a "church minister"? Detroit is seriously lacking in the talent pool area. The mayor is supposed to stay on top of nude texting and who sleeps with who? If there is a regime change, how will this effect the rank and file? My guess is they will still be on the payroll. If you fire them all, where do you get quality people to replace them? Especially @ that pay scale.

Apparently people working hard and playing even harder! And what's with the photography of body parts? That's just risky stuff. Take a photo with your 'eyes'... that's safer. But I guess that does not apply here. The photos may have been promotional, pending 'activity'!

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Johnson sent a picture of his johnson to a female subordinate who is married but the picture was found by her boyfriend. You can't make this stuff up folks...what the hell is going on at 1300 Beaubien anyway?
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-27-12 at 05:58 AM.

Oh? There'd be no sexual liaisons and drama due to age and gender? Do tell.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    LOL! Elect the elderly or females. They have less testosterone.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-27-12 at 06:52 AM.

Good line G! ------

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    ...we act like we don't have them [sex organs], use them and like them and generally like having them put to use.
    However, on the subject of shame... these employees seem to have little 'shame in they game'. Setting aside, eh-hmm, morals these folks are careless [[texting photos, guns in mouth, payola favoritism), often using tax paid resources to 'get down on it' or their responsive applying of 'damage control' on 'it'!

Good times when personal 'proclivities' and associative agendas distract and influence ones public decisions at the fiscal and social level [[big money severance gifts, etc).
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-27-12 at 06:50 AM.

Why oh why do they always do it at work?

There are enough loose women in the city to give them "balanced flexible relief from their hardware problems" without hitting on the subordinates.

"Don't dip your pen in the office inkwell"

and

"Don't f--k around the flagpole"

should be the guiding maxims.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    In Bing's defense, WTF? Are we dealing with high school kids that have discovered their wee-wees for the first time? These are, supposedly, grown, men and women in resposible positions. A judge, a "church minister"? Detroit is seriously lacking in the talent pool area. The mayor is supposed to stay on top of nude texting and who sleeps with who? If there is a regime change, how will this effect the rank and file? My guess is they will still be on the payroll. If you fire them all, where do you get quality people to replace them? Especially @ that pay scale.
    While Bing can not and should not know who's screwing who within the DPD he should have been aware of the general culture [[ I'm sure it is no secret for folks within city government) within that department and should have told Godbee the day he was appointed police chief in no uncertain terms to address it. Thats what I mean by getting out in front of an issue.

[QUOTE=gnome;347062]The real question is, why do we care? What is it about Americans that just can't deal with the concept that some people like their wicks dipped in different wells.

Classic

You'd think with crime what it is they would be too busy for all of this mess.

I should clarify my position on this matter. In no way at all do I condone adultery, I think it should be a crime punishable by having a Scarlet Letter tattooed on the offender's forehead; but it isn't a crime any longer. It was removed from the list of felonies awhile ago. Since that is the law, you can't break a law that isn't a law.

so dipping the wick isn't against the law, isn't against city policy, hence what is it about our puritanical nature that gets folks all enraged?

if two folks want to relieve some tension, if everyone is an adult, if everyone agrees, I say go for it. With all the grumpy people around here, I would assume they would be less grumpy if they were all relaxed and chilled.

Personally I would never commit adultery. I love my wife, I like being married, she is more important than anything else; I have seen and felt the harm that adultery can do. But I am not everyone else.

From the sounds of things, Detroit is full of dogs and dogettes, and if they want to hook up, that is their problem, not mine. And IMHO, shouldn't be yours either.

I had a buddy whose uncle filed for divorce after 35 years marriage because his wife said, "I'm done doing the humpity hump." He still had his appetite but refused to cheat on her, so he divorced a woman he still loved because society's rules didn't present a workable alternative. The result was that the once close knit family was torn apart. Children took sides, retirement funds were split, lawyers took a huge share, it was - and is - a mess.

Exactly, what is everyone upset about? Headlines like "newest sex scandal" jeeze. Really? A sex scandal should be about Force or pedophilia or slavery. A guy sending a pic of his wang to a girl he is dating isn't a scandal; it is bad taste, but if start getting upset about bad taste we should start with the color schemes of party stores or anything in plaid.

what do you consider bad taste? something that actually has an effect on your life?

Johnson in hand is worth two in the bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Hey Strong put that in your Documentary...."

A Strong Johnson........
    I ain't my script is complete probably got to cut some interviews.
    However thanks for the shout out.

The Great Detroit? 100% positive, you know me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Johnson in hand is worth two in the bush?

"A push in the bush is worth two in the hand."

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Have you ever seen Charlie LeDuff do a story with a straight face? I haven't.
    Since he's reporting on comedies...

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

I get "Money and pussy make men do evil shit." But it's ridiculous, especially in this town.
    Women bring down some more.

A head of the CIA.

A CEO of a multi-billion dollar company.

And the second article has more than a few examples.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2