Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Where are all of these people coming from?

I have noticed a lot of people walking around downtown, especially during lunch time. Now I suspect that they are Quicken Loans people, Compuware people, people who work in that glass building in Campus Martius park, and some new smaller companies's people. Plus, the new residents probably get out and show their faces in the downtown.

This surge has got to be good for the restaurants, bars, cleaners, shoe shine, clothiers, convenience stores and that massage parlor with the closed blinds. Maybe this is why Wild Wings, Joe Muer's, Oga's and other have taken a chance on downtown.

And, these new people are venturing out. I see them walking around Greektown, between Campus Martius and the Renaissance and even up Woodward to Grand Circus.

Now, I been doing downtown for a long time, worked there during high school, for two years after college and then located my business in the Ford Building after returning from a few years living in Atlanta and I can't remember it being this crowded.

Maybe this is another feather for the return of The Great Detroit.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  12.6 KB
    Last edited by Traxus; October-25-12 at 02:22 PM.