Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Once, we were having a party at our house when the Big 4 kicked the door in. We had a German Shepherd with five pups and of course she became very defensive to protect the pups who were in a box in a closet. One of them drew his gun and another one said blast her. A girl that was standing there begged him not to shoot the dog and then slammed the closet door shut. For some reason he backed off, they beat the crap out of about half of us and then left. Still not even sure why they showed up there.
    All in all, I guess it turned out to be an average night in Detroit. I do think that if they had shot the dog, a few people would have been shot too because I think some of the people in the room would have lost it. With the Big 4 that was always a losing situation. Couldn't you tase a dog?

I think this reminds us of the question, why do we still need the Detroit Police Department? Or, as Leno put it, "Detroit has a police department??"

What are we getting for $350 million per year? Basically they show up [[or don't) to document crimes long after they've occured, occasionally masturbate in Chandler Park, shoot dogs, and have kinky sex triangles.

Can't we just disband the thing already and start fresh since we're getting no return on our investment?

uggh that is awful!! i cant even imagine. My girl barks her fool head off at anyone approaching my house, generally she is also backing up because she is scared of the person approaching. I have had people tell me she’s aggressive...i have to point out to them she’s BACKING up, she’s just scared of you and hoping you will go away cause she sounds scary. I would be horrified and heartbroken if an cop mistook that for aggression and shot her poor guy

This makes me sick. I know Jim. Were not exactly on friendly terms but hes hardly a "drug lord" as someone earlier referred to him. Ive met his dogs some years back and never felt threatened, Janey I actually knew quite well from its previous owner. The building was hardly large enough to hold a major grow operation and whats a "drug Lord" with a bunch of weed going to do, flush it down the toilet? IMHO this is another case of overkill due to the war on drugs. This whole thing could have been done without a shot fired. Im sick to my stomach over Jims dogs. Jims a skilled worker who MAY have grown a little weed. Our police force is overburdened as it is, why should they be tasked with non violent offenders. Dont we average about 4-5 killings a week in Detroit as it is? Some of us consider our dogs to be part of our family and Jims dogs were not tied up to a cinder block. They did live at the building to keep thieves at bay but had a pretty decent life. What a sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    This situation also begs the question of the illegality of a relatively benign substance [compared to alcohol or tobacco].

Aren't there thousands of unserved warrants for violent crimes that should be way ahead of busting a pot grower?

My thoughts exactly. It's 2012, don't we have any non-lethal options for this situation? I also don't know why a SWAT-like hostile raid is necessary for this type of incident. He's not going to flush the plants down the toilet, is he?

Meanwhile, hostile crimes continue to persist at god-awful rates. But we got a pot head folks...... mark it!

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Once, we were having a party at our house when the Big 4 kicked the door in. We had a German Shepherd with five pups and of course she became very defensive to protect the pups who were in a box in a closet. One of them drew his gun and another one said blast her. A girl that was standing there begged him not to shoot the dog and then slammed the closet door shut. For some reason he backed off, they beat the crap out of about half of us and then left. Still not even sure why they showed up there.
    All in all, I guess it turned out to be an average night in Detroit. I do think that if they had shot the dog, a few people would have been shot too because I think some of the people in the room would have lost it. With the Big 4 that was always a losing situation. Couldn't you tase a dog?

My gosh!!When was this??

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I think this reminds us of the question, why do we still need the Detroit Police Department? Or, as Leno put it, "Detroit has a police department??"

What are we getting for $350 million per year? Basically they show up [[or don't) to document crimes long after they've occured, occasionally masturbate in Chandler Park, shoot dogs, and have kinky sex triangles.

Can't we just disband the thing already and start fresh since we're getting no return on our investment?
    I'd rather have a zombie police department than no police department at all.

You really think the suburbs or the WCSD are going to satisfactorily patrol Detroit? If so, then I have a bridge to sell you in Delray.

I hear about these stories more often than I wish. I realize there are police officers who get too aggressive and shoot animals when they shouldn't. And I also understand there are police officers who legitimately need to protect themselves against an animal that could become aggressive.

If the witnesses stories check out, I tend to believe police overreacted. Though I need to hear more. According the story, the supsect and witnesses claim the dogs were chased in the house. Or were they trying to chase them OUT of the house??? If the suspect was cornered, could he actually see aggressive action by the dogs in other parts of the house?

The story seems very detailed. I don't exactly know how to take sides on this. Though I can say with certainty, it sucks when an innocent animal is killed....even though I'm not a fan of pitbulls.

Outsourcing dpd is 3 years over due

Wow, what a joke... and the police don't return calls for comment on this.

That's a point for certain!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    ...You really think the suburbs or the WCSD are going to satisfactorily patrol Detroit? If so, then I have a bridge to sell you in Delray.

How about they focus on crack dealers and dogfighting rings?

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    My gosh!!When was this??
    Early 70's.

When a woman and her young child find themselves living with a squatter who is running for president... do I smell sitcom?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2be6jGwLoJ0

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Early 70's.
    Thank you. That's just horrible!

Two points most people here are overlooking:

1) Marijuana isn't a big deal and police should be concentrating what little resources they have on actual REAL CRIME. This shouldn't have happened. People making comments like this was a "drug kingpin" in this thread is embarrassing to this site.

2) That Motor City Muckraker page is horrible. Whoever writes it is a hack and a poor man's Detroitblog. Why do people keep posting links to that trite garbage? I'm guessing the hack who runs it is trying to plug his site here. Wouldn't surprise me.

Has anyone else checked out this website? It's pretty bad. You can browse though anyone of the articles and criticize. Who runs this? Come forward.

Dont really care about the website, the facts of what happened are pretty obvious. Does someone else have a different story to be told about this incident? Its the killing of three dogs over a few harmless plants thats wrong. This was no kingpin, his dogs were not trained to attack and I vouch for that.

I didnt think much of the article myself and wish it had been brought to the attention of the Freep or News, then again maybe it was brought to their attention but squashed.

"Why do people keep posting links to that trite garbage? I'm guessing the hack who runs it is trying to plug his site here."

I'm reading t-shirt and other website plugs here so what's the difference? I don't consider the DPD slaughtering someone's dogs, [[IF that IS indeed what did happened), "trite", especially if one was caged and locked. I'm glad someone in this town has the stones to spread the word about this. Metro Times, Deadline Detroit, all of these "underground" sites are performing a much needed public service, instead of the usual copy & paste UPI stories. I think some people either don't want to hear it, or, to quote Jack Nicholson, "can't handle the truth".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2