Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default [Update: Godbee "Retires"] Godbee Torn Between Two Lovers

It seems the good reverend's hidden life is about to be revealed.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...ce-department#

He keeps the truth about him being a co-pastor of a church on the down-low. This should all go over well there, I'm sure.

I found this on-line from earlier this year,
    Working for the department requires faith in duty and purpose, and Godbee said his background in the clergy helps. He is a pastor at a Detroit church, but he refuses to identify it because he doesn’t want the public to think he plays favorites based on his religious background.
    from this article: http://www.blacdetroit.com/BLAC-Detr...-Ralph-Godbee/

He is, apparently, a good actor. The Greek basis for the word hypocrite.
    Last edited by Gannon; October-02-12 at 10:47 PM.

Ooh, it might get nasty. I did finally find something.

In a listing of another church's 2011 event, where the Chief was listed as speaker...we learn he is pastor of the Cleansing Spring Missionary Baptist Church.

A search on that name leads to the excellent reporting from the Metro Times, from before the SuperBowl came to town.

http://www2.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=8231
    In its original statement of organization, a second address was registered to a Cleansing Springs Missionary Baptist Church, whose pastor is Ralph Godbee. Godbee didn’t return calls seeking more information about the PAC’s origins. An amended statement of organization, filed Aug. 24, removed the Cleansing Springs address.

This was in a story investigating a PAC that looked like a cash funnel straight into Kwhyme's pockets [[or shoe in the closet). Kinda like that cash-only birthday party Godbee helped organize for Kwhyme way back when.

I'm tellin' ya, this Godbee guy is more than he appears.
    Last edited by Gannon; October-02-12 at 02:14 PM.

Because it is the same guy who purports to be the leading law enforcement officer in the city. I'm sure he doesn't brag about being a womanizer to his flock. Just more evidence that he is more than he appears, simple as that.

I only casually looked into ONE of his secrets, and found that link to something near what the Kilpatrick gang is being tried for today. That was pretty easy.

When the one doesn't know he's dating the other...and completely over-reacts and freaks out when she learns about her competition. He obviously didn't end it with the first one...and wasn't truthful to her.

And then there was the report that he was involved with the same woman who was at least a portion of the previous chief's career demise. Around the same time. He even admitted it!

As for the veneer, it all depends on what one is trying to show the world, versus how one actually acts...and the discrepancy between those, weighted by the power over others one attempts to grab. He might be able to spell his with a capital H, actually.

As an officer of the law, certainly he can bed whomever he wants, and it won't jeapordize his judgement...right?! [[where's that sarcasm emoticon?!)

As a leader of a church, pretty sure they only want any bedding done within certain scriptural restrictions...and if he doesn't follow them, he doesn't deserve to be a leader.
    Last edited by Gannon; October-02-12 at 02:56 PM.

oh boy. that thing between him, evans and a female officer was nutty enough. now this...

LOL, Ms-what's-her-name removed her comments from this thread...wtf?!

Who didn't want to be linked to this discussion?!

A person's private life should be kept private unless it somehow has a negative impact on his job performance. Isn't this the same stuff for which Bill Clinton was pilloried? Isn't Clinton's Impeachment trial one of those issues that Progressives point to as being out-of-bounds?

The tsk-tsk noise I'm hearing sounds like hens clucking.

Unless Goodby is getting a happy ending during a drug bust while doing lines of coke off a transexual's ass crack, I can not see this as any of my business. If he wants to wick dip and Mrs. Goodby ain't complaining, I don't care.

so, why do you care?

Nice, very gnomish of you.

It ties him to the Kilpatricks, and adds a degree of confirmation of the odd gut feeling I've got against the guy.

Apparently Mayor Bong thinks there is something to it all.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012100...affair-officer

I'm wondering where the duties are described for that affair with the Internal AFFAIRS officer. I'm sure the interim chief is eager to assume those...LOL!

I think the Mayor should have a revolving door installed in the Chief's office.

John,

yeah, but dead hookers is one thing, lying under oath, assaulting deputies, pocketing packs of cash ... that's all Kwametime.

Goodby, that is a wife problem. Once his wife comes out swinging trash bags of Bill Hart style cash, then I'll care who is getting the gift wrapped Goodies. that assumes he does gift wrap. All gentlemen should.

Godbee was a high-ranking officer when all that went down. He was one of two cops who organized a cash-only birthday party for Kwhyme.

I've casually watched all those from that time who stayed and advanced under Bing. I have never trusted Godbee, and don't think I've been shy about that here.

There have always been plenty of red flags with Godbee: The cash party for KK, the affair with Evan's girlfriend, the unsecured crime lab, which was his responsibility as deputy chief. I never understand why some people hold him in such high regard.

While an affair might be seen as his personal business, such an affair by a powerful public official is troubling. It makes that official vulnerable to all kinds of things that could negatively impact his job performance. When I was an Army officer, we were specifically warned about the risk of allowing yourself to be put in this kind of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I think the Mayor should have a revolving door installed in the Chief's office.

Might be worth looking into

Just another example of why it was such a bad decision when Bing got rid of Chief Barren.

Is there a CEO in business who has not been let go after affair with subordinate revealed? I can't think of any that survived? What Godbee did isn't done as it destroys trust.

I'm a bit confused...For Bing, how is this any different then when it was found out that Godbee had been having an affair with the same officer as Evans ...that was right after he got the position, correct?
    I was disappointed with Bing at the time for taking a stand with Evans and then turning a blind eye to his new appointee.
    How many chiefs does this make in the last 5 or so years?

there is nothing in the Charter or in any work rules that disallows folks from dating whomever they want. I agree it is distasteful, maybe even wrong, but it is not against any City rules or regulations. Should the City put such rules in effect?

I don't know about that.

What if two folks like each other and are dating for awhile, then one of them gets promoted for outstanding service to the City, should that person be denied promotion just because of who they love?

Entire societies, most of them non-western, thrive in a polygamous environment. Are we that much better because our social mores restrict polygamy? What makes us so special?

I don't care for Goodby, I consider him a water boy for the Kwamster, but whether I like him or not is beside the point. Did he break department rules? From what we know now, no.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    so, why do you care?
    Ethics.

Certain public service positions require ethics.

Godbee is a damn fool. I feel sorry for his family having to go through this humiliation, as well as HER family, because allegedly she is married with kids too. While his behavior disgusts me, they're both grown, and I think I'm more disgusted with her. She was fine participating in the affair and the disrespect as long as it suited her, but once she thought he was cheating on HER [[because its okay if he cheats on the woman he took vows with) now she wants to publicly destroy him and his family. Why not just slink away into the background and keep your mouth shut? Suddenly HE'S the bad guy and she's the innocent virginal princess led astray by his irresistible charm. Even got her mom on the news talking about he should step down. What about her? She's not a child, nor is she innocent.

It may not be illegal but its certainly not smart to mess around OR mess around at work.

What a podunk town this place has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Ethics.

Certain public service positions require ethics.
    I respect that, but your ethics might not be mine, nor mine yours. Do you want to be required to live by my ethics, when I have not written them down? When I haven't told you it was wrong?

In certain cultures it is a sin to cut ones hair, punishable by death. Do we want to live by those ethics?

I know the sting of betrayal, it is as wrong as wrong can be. But it is not against they law anymore. it was until a few short years ago, it was a felony. times change.

Now is the time for Bing to swallow his pride and bring back Warren Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Now is the time for Bing to swallow his pride and bring back Warren Evans.

LOL, not a chance. Warren-Went-to-Hollywood lost his chance.

Give it to Commander Dolunt. The department would be in top form within six months.

He was the highest-ranking Internal Affairs officer who didn't get fired in the original Kwhyme investigation, his direct supervisor at the time was quoted in the Free Press calling him, "dumb as a post" or something like that. Might've been a box of rocks.

I say, if the bad guys don't like ya, you've got to be doing something right. He was so clean, they couldn't touch him. Or, he's got the goods on those guys...heh. Or both.

But a Chief Dolunt would treat his force well...and he's not distracted by running a church part-time. Or dallying on his wife.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; October-02-12 at 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast