Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Allow me to politely disagree.

Certainly a few hundred people need to be 'held accountable' [[whatever that means -- sure is the popular buzzword). But that doesn't matter.

The question is how to provide good police service to Detroit. And nothing else. Its clear DPD isn't up to the job. So bring in the Sheriffs, State Police, Postal Police, the Juneau AK municipal cops, the RCMP.

Camden.
    I don't disagree, however, the city council can't swallow something as simple as allowing the state to run Belle Isle ... you think they'll take an outside police force?
    Last edited by bailey; October-09-12 at 01:44 PM.

All the cops I know work 12 hour shifts...

This reminds me of the thread about the gal who had her car broken into when she was taking pictures at the Packard Plant.

Many people here thought it was her fault, that somehow she gave the thieves permission to break into her car, because she did not belong in the plant.

Aren’t the police taking this attitude to the next level, being anywhere in Detroit, is like being in the Packard Plant, in so far as you are taking a big risk in becoming a victim?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smiles View Post
    This reminds me of the thread about the gal who had her car broken into when she was taking pictures at the Packard Plant.

Many people here thought it was her fault, that somehow she gave the thieves permission to break into her car, because she did not belong in the plant.

Aren’t the police taking this attitude to the next level, being anywhere in Detroit, is like being in the Packard Plant, in so far as you are taking a big risk in becoming a victim?
    While I was robbing the bank some thugs stole the rims off of my getaway car.

While I was doing some banking some thugs broke my car window and stole my stereo.

Two different scenarios.

If you are coming into the city to enjoy what it has to offer and are victimized or are coming into the city to victimize in one form or another.

But something is going to get to a breaking point real soon because if you have officers on 12 hours of stress filled shifts at some point their judgement will become lasp and somebody is going to get hurt and then it will really hit the fan so to speak.

It is interesting read about Camden and what they are entertaining as a solution http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/ny...pagewanted=all

But it also seems as a risky move ,there was also a news piece where some posted that they would not mind paying more taxes to ensure more safety but as with everything else it would seem pointless to throw money at something without fixing the structure first otherwise it is going to take more and more money then people are leaving because the tax rate is sky high comparatively.
    Last edited by Richard; October-09-12 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I don't disagree, however, the city council can't swallow something as simple as allowing the state to run Belle Isle ... you think they'll take an outside police force?
    Money is power. The City has no money. Thus no power. Swallowing things you don't like comes along with being broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Money is power. .... Swallowing things you don't like comes along with being broke.
    Getting pretty perverted up in here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3