Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    That's what it sounds like to this 43 year old too though it did make my head feel a bit strange.
    I'm in my late 40s and I hear a squeaky sound; something like the repeat of a bird chirp. I couldn't listen to it for more than a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Want to get rid of the kids? Have nuns loiter there instead!
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I'm in my late 40s and I hear a squeaky sound; something like the repeat of a bird chirp. I couldn't listen to it for more than a few seconds.
    I couldn't take it for too long either.

In my line of work I hear benchsaws, circular saws buzzing and compressors and heavy machinery humming 12 hours a day. There are scissorlifts and telsecopic booms moving in all directions and beeping alarms incessantly, welders and all kinds of technicians milling about making noise with grinders and whatnot. I wouldnt want to spend too much time on a construction site if I didnt have to but I make a living at it so I wear hearing protection when it gets to be too much. Unwanted noise is definitely the most tiring of all nuisances on a jobsite and the most offensive ones are the alarm on elevator equipment moving up and down or rolling. Even hearing protector shells dont cut off the lunacy inducing noises enough since you have to be aware of your surroundings in order to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mkhopper View Post

Install a protected sound system so the thugs can't easily get at it and start blasting opera, Barry Manilow or any other annoying music all day. [[No offense to the Barry Manilow crowd....)
    It may work as long as they don't like Barry Manilow. If you want something universally annoying, how about recording a baby crying and playing it all day. Or better yet, post two Jehova witnesses out front and let them preach to the teens...

serpico Guest

Detroit has chosen to use resources to go after strikers and or Canadians swimming to Delray... Loitering, violent crimes ok....Name:  dpd.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  33.4 KB

Send a military recruiter around to locations where loitering is reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Send a military recruiter around to locations where loitering is reported.
    How does that work?? The teen who said, "This is the bad crew gas station", doesn't even look 15. He would need to be at least 18 to join the US Army.

Plus, they announced half a billion in defense budget cuts so they will also be raising the bar for who they recruit. http://blog.heritage.org/2012/09/26/...-the-long-run/

I don't have children but asked a friend to play the sound of the device for his daughter. She's 19&evidently the sound drove her batty!
    Gas stations dealing with young loiters might want to look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    How does that work?? The teen who said, "This is the bad crew gas station", doesn't even look 15. He would need to be at least 18 to join the US Army.

Plus, they announced half a billion in defense budget cuts so they will also be raising the bar for who they recruit. http://blog.heritage.org/2012/09/26/...-the-long-run/
    Dave, the feds will most likely not allow the sequestration to see the light of day. All it will do is add fuel to the Tea Partiers and put the feds further in debt. Its not just the Defense budget that gets cut but a ton of other programs including transportation and commerce.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Dave, the feds will most likely not allow the sequestration to see the light of day. All it will do is add fuel to the Tea Partiers and put the feds further in debt. Its not just the Defense budget that gets cut but a ton of other programs including transportation and commerce.
    Not to go off on a further tangent, but the top brass knowing that politicians are looking for big defense budget cuts in the near future is not a wise reason to continue sending recruiters to low income areas to round up anybody and everybody that's unemployed and loitering the streets to join the army.

I thought the real interesting part was the end of the video where Detroit Police recommend hiring an off duty police officer to be security at the gas station. Sounds like a great way to increase your payroll as a police officer. "Sure, we'd like to respond to your calls or make regular drives through your parking lot, but we really don't have the man power, so just hire some of us as security officers" [[wink wink)...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    In some places, they have tried blasting classical music at loud volume into the parking lot. This seems to be a real deterrent to youthful loiterers. Community "leaders" have charged the stores practicing this with racism.

lol... seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    lol... seriously?
    I know for sure they did it in El Paso TX. I was on a business trip there some years back and it was a major story in the daily newspaper. The convenience store owners were praising it as the greatest thing since sliced bread while the La Raza types were being quoted as to how culturally insensitive playing the music was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2