Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean2026 View Post
    Any chance you could gain some integrity? You made up facts and you got called on them and then disappeared for a few weeks.

Unfortunately the only way you will be taken seriously is if you get everyone else to leave Detroit- you don't want anyone moving in because they might possess education and income - something you lack.

Why defend Conyers and Kwame- why not deal with them rather than me. Did I harm Detroit? if you're not happy with the way things are change them.

As for Conyers and Kwame a few years of probation will neither rehabilitate them nor will it send a message to other crooks that there are real penalties for stealing from the public.
    Actually, I stated the truth you couldn't handle, then put you on ignore, back where you're going. Once again, "seafood" is from the sea. It doesn't come from the Detroit River. Sorry that you couldn't successfully use that in another anti-Detroit snide comment.

Unlike you, I actually live in Metro Detroit and work for more positive things. Since you seem to alternate between trolling for negativity and the quasi-jock mentality of "winning" arguments online, I don't have any more time for you. We are not desperate for your self-proclaimed [[and frankly rather doubtful) superior education, income and insight. We do not need you at all. Stop projecting your pity.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to express my displeasure at your call for violence when someone else quoted you and expressed their disbelief that someone could possess such questionable character. I forgot what a waste of time conversing with you actually was and is.

You trolled yourself up some more attention!

Adios, online champion!

Channel 4 just reported that it is believed MonCon will announce her run for re-election tomorrow.

Quote: "Channel 4 just reported that it is believed MonCon will announce her run for re-election tomorrow."

Seriously?

THAT woman HAS to have a set on her!

Stosh Guest

It this was a REAL story, it would have blown up farther than a blurb on this message board.

Try this one:
    http://detnews.com/article/20090628/...ncern-for-city

That booking photo just screams "Look what you did to me".

Re-election ?? If she gets any votes its a horrible sign. The Detroit News pretty much discussed my point about how bad this all looks for Detroit. They didn't say anything about outraged citizens getting together and killing her though.

Stosh Guest

Channel 4 on their 11 pm news stated that there will be a major announcement by the City Council tomorrow.

In related news, Monica asked [[I think) Sam Riddle if she had a chance to win the election. Also on Channel 4. Unbelievable. And she plans to attend the council meeting. Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown diva View Post
    now even i am not dumb enough to believe this crud.
    You're right. Your post proves it. Bolding is mine.

Ken Cockrel's presser should be interesting. I would like for him to explain what he knows about Clark taking money. I did like KC's advice Friday. Voters should know who they are electing don't just go by name recognition. OK

I don't see how people include Detroit into the picture when Ken Cockrel himself was voted in by name recognition. Monica was corrupt and plead guilty, her and Kwame both got caught. Bottom line is if a person is that way no voter can know that at the time of election. You can do all the research and googling you want and still get the same results. With all the corruption in this world how is Detroit the worst? I think people need to wake up to the fact that there have been strong messeges sent by Detroiters and the like, the justice system is cleaning, and reporters doing good reporting. Bash the people who are corrupt. There are good hard working politicians in this city that shouldn't be painted in the same light as the corrupt. There are educated people still living is this city that do vote the right way.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean2026 View Post
    Re-election ?? If she gets any votes its a horrible sign. The Detroit News pretty much discussed my point about how bad this all looks for Detroit. They didn't say anything about outraged citizens getting together and killing her though.
    If anyone has lost touch with reality...it's you!

You have a definite problem and I suggest you seek help soon.

I think people need to wake up to the fact that there have been strong messeges sent by Detroiters and the like, the justice system is cleaning, and reporters doing good reporting. Bash the people who are corrupt

If, by 'Detroiters" you mean the reporters and the justice system I'm there...but if you mean voters, well, i'd like you to tell me when an incumbent under indictment or cloud of corruption allegations HASN'T won re-election or if they did lose, didn't win election to some other post... [[school board ..etc) in the last 15 years.

There are good hard working politicians in this city that shouldn't be painted in the same light as the corrupt.
    absolutely. unfortunately they are vastly outnumbered...or get fed up and quit.

There are educated people still living is this city that do vote the right way.
    Absolutely. but like the decent pols, they are vastly outnumbered by the ignorant.

I'm still trying to figure out why she would throw away her political career, making almost $90k a year, disgrace her husband who is well-respected, and face jail time for $6k. There has to be more to this story. Maybe this was just a downpayment?
    Last edited by jita1; June-29-09 at 10:58 AM.

Why do people risk their jobs by shop lifting a few dollars of stuff? Why do students risk losing their entire financial aid package to smoke just one joint? Why do people risk their freedom and lives just to prove they're the toughest on the block? Thinking they're superman or that it won't happen to them? Who knows? Just add it to the list of things that we'll never fully understand.
    Last edited by mjs; June-29-09 at 11:08 AM.

Jita1- naive. She probably has done this many times and figured she could do it indefinitely - making a great living off it. She's running for re-election, so who knows when it will stop.

Buy American - your city is falling apart- its losing its educated and leaving more like you. Your politicians are openly crooked and they figure they can still run for re-election. LOL and you're looking and accusing others of needing help. Why not volunteer on the Conyers re-election effort?

I'm still trying to figure out why she would throw away her political career, making almost $90k a year, disgrace her husband who is well-respected, and face jail time for $6k. There has to be more to this story. Maybe this was just a downpayment?
    They only needed to prove it happened once. This incident is not an isolated, one time thing. This was the one transaction they could prove with no problems. They didn't get Al Capone for what everyone knew he was doing...murder, running booze...etc, they got him for tax evasion.

Monica resigns effective July 6th

The 6th? Not effective immediately? WHY NOT???? This gives her plenty of time to put the shredder in overtime [[contracts) and empty the office safe [[jewelry). Does nobody have a set big enough to tell her it's time to go? Bing? Cockrell? Mike Cox???? Typical Detroit rules.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    Monica resigns effective July 6th
    The smartest thing she could have done.

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutthed View Post
    The 6th? Not effective immediately? WHY NOT???? This gives her plenty of time to put the shredder in overtime [[contracts) and empty the office safe [[jewelry). Does nobody have a set big enough to tell her it's time to go? Bing? Cockrell? Mike Cox???? Typical Detroit rules.
    Geez, she is gone. Let it go. Typical Detroit rules.....you quit a job, you have to give notice of a week or two right. July 6th is is a Monday.

Ravine Guest

Hopefully, the sentencing judge will see her unwillingness to just resign and get the fuck out of sight as a demonstration of Lack Of Remorse, and nail her dumb ass for the entire 5-year maximum.
    But, she's way too smart to bother thinking clearly enough to foresee such an occurrence.
    Shit, even people who don't look like her have enough brains to protect themselves as much as possible.
    I guess if it involves more than talking shit or accepting an envelope full of cash, it's just more complicated than she has time to deal with. Too stressful, eh.

This gives her plenty of time to put the shredder in overtime [[contracts) and empty the office safe [[jewelry).
    She's already pled out. she can shred all she wants.

R8RBOB, you're right about the two week notice. But, does that apply to felons as well?? And just a quick question, how do we, as city residents just "let it go" when this city has been crippled by these "officials"?

Quote Originally Posted by aprilgirl33 View Post
    R8RBOB, you're right about the two week notice. But, does that apply to felons as well?? And just a quick question, how do we, as city residents just "let it go" when this city has been crippled by these "officials"?
    Why not??? Didn't Kilpatrick get two weeks to get his affairs in order before Cockrel took over?

Ladies and gentlemen, it is not just Conyers leaving. Her staff loses their jobs too. Maybe she could arrange to get some of her staff jobs with other council members. Files have to be transferred. I'm sure she would love to leave right away but there is some things she needs to do before she leaves.

As for letting it go, she is gone. That is what everyone wanted including me. Ding dong, the witch is dead. Her leaving today or next week doesn't faze me because I know she is done.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Her staff loses their jobs too. Maybe she could arrange to get some of her staff jobs with other council members. Files have to be transferred. I'm sure she would love to leave right away but there is some things she needs to do before she leaves.
    I believe her resignation also notes that her staff will be available [[whatever that means) until December 31st. Hopefully her staffers will get absorbed or be able to find some other work.

But I agree. Thank goodness she's stepped down.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast