Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
A good portion of the gunfire you guys are hearing isn't being directed at anyone in particular. It's people target shooting in their yards, especially in the areas where there is a lot of empty acreage.

This isn't just young people, older property owners do it too. They figure it saves the gas and lane rental $ at the range, and that if they shoot at a target in front of a large berm, than no one will get hurt.

Yeah I know its not acceptable to most folks. But its hard to convince people to do what you would rather them do when they see so many others doing it.

My family target shoots, legally, in the yard, but they live in the sticks on 12 acres.
I guess the law against discharging a firearm in the city is lost on most of them. Though most all the gunfire just off Mack is not someone just firing their weapons for fun as its still fairly dense as opposed to areas just west of here. Just ask the Grosse Pointe Police as they have been involved in a few battles along Mack since the start of spring.